Day time running lights

Those damned driving lights are damned dangerous. If you have ever driven in the fog you would know. Hell you can't pull off the road and idle without worrying that some A hole will run over you assuming that you must be on the road.

And for the light on bull on my bike more bullsh@t. I used to ride a Honda......now that I ride a vintage Triumph and look the part when I ride drivers pay more attention. Just because the headlight on is the law does not mean that it works. Old bikes that were made before the law simply do not have enought generating capacity at idle to keep the main lights on. I sure would not want to be driving a vintage car with the lights on all the time too especially when running defrosters and wipers.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

"......But on windy, narrow two lane highways.......especially in marginal weather/dawn/dusk/bright sunshine in your eyes/cloudy/foggy/rainy days......"

in other words, times when anybuddy with half a brain would turn their lights on. Just another little example of losing your freedoms/self-reliance and have to pay for the morons of the world.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

N8, my '96 Suburban ( a U.S. model, too) uses the low beam headlamps at full brilliance as DRLs. Fed through a diode, which is the weak point in the system. IMNSHO, they should have stuck with the high-beam lamps, wired in series, which means they illuminate at about 25% brightness. They can be seen a long way off, but don't get bright enough to cause annoying glare.

One or two cheap DPDT relays could convert my lamps to the latter scheme, at less cost than the big diode in it's nifty extruded aluminum heat sink.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

brilliance as

should have

at about 25%

cause annoying

I strongly disagree. Just about any car that uses high beams for DRLs produces annoying glare.

Reply to
Nate Nagel