DEEPNHOCK Follies (ot)

It got cold yesterday for the first time this year (so what )... So I brought a couple of home projects into the house, so when I got home I could do warm stuff. One of the things the wife has 'commented' about (b!tc# is kind of strong here for this one ) was contacting me when I am in the B&T center. Especially when the heat is on. We have this little brass ships bell that she dings when food is ready, but now that it is cold out she does not want to go outside to ring it. Offering to run a string inside the door was not met too warmly. We used to have some old Radio Shack wireless intercoms, and I commented that if I could find them we could set them up. So, on Sunday I found them and left them in the laundry room for cleaning (they were shelf dirty from years of retirement in the shop). Last night I decided to clean them and test them out. Well, guess what... They don't work worth a hoot. But....... The one unit makes all the 'touch lights' in the living room cycle through the three way (dim/on/bright) action. Too funny. The wife was laughing at the absurdity of it all. I'm thinking I wasted my time cleaning them, and wondering if the Radio Shack warranty is any good (after 20+ years ) Sigh..... Jeff (Now we have a fun new way to torment the dogs ..) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I thought you moved to Georgia. How cold can it get? It's 10 degrees here. Ah, yes, the workshop. Turn off the intercom and lock the door. Heaven!

Studeski Claude Chmielewski snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com

Fillmore, Wisconsin

1947 M16 Truck 1962 GT Hawk 1963 Lark 1964 Commander Wagonaire

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Studeski

Jeff, Go to Home Depot and get a wireless doorbell. That's what we have in Mom's room to call us for emergencys (about 40 times per day). The bell is pluged into an electrical outlet in my end of the house and she has a button next to her bed, one next to her commode, and one next to her sofa where she sits when she's not in bed (22 hours per day, she's going down hill fast and I don't know how much longer she'll be with us). Get the one with 400 feet range. It wont reach the advertised 400 feet but I can almost guarentee you the one with the shorter range wont reach from your house to the B&T center.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

It's cold everywhere it seems. About 40° here in Austin at noon on this Friday.

JT

Studeski wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

It was 17 degrees on my back porch here in Douglasville, Ga. this morning. Jerry

Reply to
jerrystudebaker

I guess you got our leftover Siberian Express. It was bitter cold here last week. Just looked at my thermometer, and says about 3° C. It was 9° C in Calgary yesterday, which is not far short of 50° F. Snow is melting well.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

yesterday, which is

Seems like last year all the cold polar fronts went to Europe and Siberia. From what I can gather, it's the opposite this year and fuel prices are increasing accordingly even though there are no shortages.

JT

(Stayin' in for the day!)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
transtar60xxx

yesterday, which is

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Which is why you would never see the like of me up thar' this time of year..

JT

" snipped-for-privacy@earthl>

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Probably going to go in that direction, as I have two outbuildings that could use both a phone and an intercom/pager. Being in the sticks should preclude a lot of interference. It'll have to pass the ultimate test, though .. Jeff ( No, I never heard it ring honey...honest!) Rice

"kar> Bought a nice Panasonic Port. phone a couple of weeks ago at Costco.

Reply to
Jeff Rice