Factory R2 Quest - Over!

Way off topic but I had a Twilight Zone Experince in Barnes and Noble the other day. I was reading a book on The Tower of London and these two teenie boper girls were reading rap lyrics from some book. As I sat there reading (out loud) they were reading lyrics that mentioned the Tower of London. With all the books and subjects in there what are the chances?

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Thanks

Gary is giv>Congrats, Allen!

Reply to
Studebaker-r2-4-me via CarKB.c

John,

I was wondering what the R2 engine is. Is this a totally rebuilt engine. Would all necessary brackets and super charger be included?

I am building an E9 clone pickup, and originally thought about putting in a SBC, but think it would be more fun to put an R2 in it.

Thanks for the info.

Rob

Reply to
RobYoung

Reply to
John Poulos

Here:

Also rebuilt R2 eng> John,

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
Studebaker-r2-4-me via CarKB.c

The return line, to the tank, is 1/4". The fuel line from the tank to the pump, is 3/8". The lines from the pump to the sediment bowl and carb are

5/16". Considering the restriction in the return port on the sediment bowl, (.030" or .040"), there isn't enough flow through the return to provide useful cooling. It does relieve pressure at the carb inlet when the engine is shut off, and prevent some flooding when the car is parked hot. That looks like a complete Avanti "RS" engine. People struggle to collect all those parts. It seems a shame to scatter them. There are a lot of differences, compared to the "JTS" engines. Even the valve covers and supercharger itself are different. Mike M.
Reply to
Mike