OT - Help in CA Needed

As a Studebaker person I would trust someone from this group's opinion as to the condition of a vehicle. I'm interested in bidding on a DeLorean in Topanga, CA.

Any one in that area? Car has 1 day left so would need to be prompt. I'd pay your expenses in looking.

Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net so I could call you.

Thanks in advance!

Ed Wenger, Chambersburg, PA

Reply to
Ed Wenger

I'd love to help, but I'm in Saigon this week. I love DeLoreans, would happily have done it for you.

Let me know if you get it.

Ed Wenger wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Red Bull in Saigon's future?

JT

(Fan of Cheap Charlie's in 1964)

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Does it taste any better than Red Bull?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

You ought to import Sri Lankan coconut wiskey known as Arrak

JT

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
Pat Drnec

We have a Delorean in the SDAM. The docents take great pleasure in pointing out that it is the only car in the museuk that has lost value.

I did an unofficial evaluation of the car and found that I would NOT like to own/drive one.

An engineer at Lotus (who got a bunch of money from the Brits for working on it. (Chapman had the good sense to die before he got pulled into court) said that it was the only car that they couldn't get to handle properly.

The school kids coming through on tours love it. It's the only "movie star" they have every seen. Then the are told it's not the same one as in the movie.

If you are still willing to waste your $$ on having a critic evaluate it for you, I'll give it a go.

Karl (in San Diego)

PS They had a big fire in Topanga Canyon yesterday. Traffic tied up for miles, but the news stations were happy, if boring. he bad luck is "your" car wasn't in it.

PPS Opps, I just daw the dead-line.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Karl,

Thanks for the point of view. I did call the DeLorean shop which serviced his car. At the price it was going for they said it was on the highside. I did not follow up further as time was real short and it sold last evening .

I just like different vehicles, have a Bricklin too.

Ed

Reply to
Ed Wenger

I have an old (1992) business card for someone there that was interested in export at that time...

JT

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

If ya want different, get a Tatra :)

You can't get much different then that.

p.d.

Ed Wenger wrote:

Reply to
Oujdeivß

-> As a Studebaker person I would trust someone from this group's opinion as to

-> the condition of a vehicle. I'm interested in bidding on a DeLorean in

-> Topanga, CA.

->

-> Any one in that area? Car has 1 day left so would need to be prompt. I'd

-> pay your expenses in looking.

->

-> Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net so I could call you.

->

-> Thanks in advance!

->

-> Ed Wenger, Chambersburg, PA

I pass one every Sunday driving my Studebaker to Church in Corona, CA

I can look up the address and get back to you.

Regards,

Reply to
Lyle Rawlins