OT News Article; Your Tax Dollars At Work - An illegal alien who can legally sue OT

Have a great time, Lee... I envy your trip!

Reply to
Dave Lester

Ok, lets try this scenario. A citizen is driving his car 15 miles over the speed limit. A drunk crosses the median and hits him head on. The drunk has no insurance. Does the first driver not get to collect, because he is a "criminal" Oh, and in the first scenario we were talking about, what would be the " multiple entities" that would prosecute him?

Alex Magdaleno

When you say "should" it means that would be your personal preference. You are entitled to that and are allowed to work to get laws like that passed. Until that time though, the judges have to follow the constitution, ---- no state is allowed to "deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."

no state is allowed to "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Guess you're not going to bite on that one. I will point out that a traffic ticket and breaking the immigration laws are both civil infractions. Before you demonize these people think a bit and realize that if you were in their same circumstance you would cross a border in order to feed your family.

Alex Magdaleno

I know I'm going to regret this, but I just can't help myself....

For many (most?) of it's citizens, in many ways, Mexico sucks ass; nobody is arguing that. And you're right; most of us would try to get here, too, if our situations were reversed (and, too, THEY would try to keep US out as well). But regardless of how shitty the situation may be in their country, it still doesn't make it OK for them to enter this country and get a free ride (they pay no income taxes, they get to send their kids to public schools, et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseum).

If we welcome with open arms anybody and everybody who wants to come to this country, the effects would be disastrous on sooo many levels. Look; the solution to THEIR problem isn't by letting THEM become OUR problem. Instead, we should be helping them improve their own situation so they don't NEED to sneak into ours. What comes to mind is that old adage about giving a man a fish, versus teaching him how to fish...

It's a shitty deal all around, no doubt about it. But not only will granting amnesty to illegal aliens (repeat: ILLEGAL aliens) not solve the greater dilemma that is Mexico's awful economic status, it will create new problems for us here at home.

-Dutch

PS: (In regards to other posts in this thread:) Enough with the BS about "liberalism" or "conservatism" being mutually exclusive with "common sense." There are lots of "liberal republicans," and "conservative democrats," and other such people out there with more centrist ideals than those of your beloved Rush Limbaugh and Gordon Liddy and whathaveyou; it's just that such "left wing-" and "right wing whackos" garner all the attention.

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Dutch

You're comparing apples with oranges. The situation that you last described would be dealt with by the courts. Oh, and the "alleged" 15 mph over the speed limit would be just that, "alleged."

JT

Dutch wrote:

Grumpy AuContraire

I agree it is a shitty problem that needs to be solved. One mistake you make though is to say they pay no taxes. The anti illegal immigration Center for Immigration Studies says their extensive study show that there is a net deficit to the US from Illegal immigration, but they do admit that many pay taxes. They estimate that half of the worker are "on the books" and thus both taxes and S.S.a and Medicare are withheld. The average per illegal alien houshold is over $4000 in federal taxes paid. And yes, the study also says that same family costs the federal government about $7000 for a deficit.of about $3000. The illegals cannot get back their S.S.or Medicare contributions nor draw on them. Thus they benefit those programs to the tune of 7 billion per year. I am not arguing that they do not cost more overall than they contribute, just pointing out that many do pay taxes. We have helped contribute to the problems in Mexico. NAFTA has driven many poor famers of their land. We subsidize our corn farming conglomerates with billions of dollars every year. They then can sell their corn at a cheaper price and the Mexican farmers cannot compete. Mexico's problems are caused by years of one party rule and domination of politics by the rich, with a very small middle class and lots of poor. We are sliding in that direction with a shrinking middle class and undue influence of money in politics.And of course, the "K street project" was an attempt to make one party rule here last for years. Fortunately, the wheels have come off that bus.

"Dutch" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com...

Alex Magdaleno

Yes, it is apples and oranges, but the laws broken are of the same degree of seriousness. You may not like that and can try to change it in the future but that is how it is now. Constantly calling the "criminals" is just stirring up passions and I was pointing out that people don't usually call speeders criminals.

Alex Magdaleno