check engine light

Hi all,

Since yesterday i have the problem that the "check engine" indicating light is steady on and my speedometer doesn't work anymore. Are these problems related to each other or are they "stand alone" problems. Is the speedometer mechanically or is it an electronic device. Does anyone have a suggestion.

thanks in advance

Jack

Reply to
Jack Basten

Suggestion - make, model and year would be minimum for anyone to give much of an answer. Cheers

Reply to
hippo

The speedo is not mechanical like the olden days. I'd bet strongly that the two symptoms are directly related.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Jack,

I disconnected my speedo to do some testing and the CE light came on as soon as I started driving so I think the two are definitely related. How it actually checks for movement of the car and speedo I'm not sure.

Reply to
Mike G

Reply to
mulder

if your car is an import its likely to have a delimiter symptoms happened to mine when delimiter had come out or the cable has come out at back of speedo

Reply to
sean