How to remove WRX air filter?

After I removed the 2 metal clips, do I just force the filter box open or do I need to remove or losen some screws?

This is for a 2002 WRX.

Reply to
peter

No more screws. Just lift it out then up. It might even help to remove the intake scoop to get better access. The hard part is getting it back in. With the filter seated on the lower part of the housing, it doesn't go in easy. You need to partially put the housing back in and then slip the filter in there. Otherwise, it's near impossible to get the housing back in place.

Reply to
y_p_w

You've got two tabs on the lid, at the end away from the fender, that slide into slots in the box. Unclip and lift that end slightly, and pull the lid towards you.

Seating the lid back into the slots is more difficult...easiest way to do that is move all the hoses out of the way, and undo the air duct at both ends (output from filter box). Be sure to plug the MAF back in when you're done.

The lid can be re-seated without detaching all that, but it's pretty tough to tell if you've got it all the way down in the slots...

Reply to
CompUser

Reply to
kevin wallis