Mitsu --> Impreza

Been trolling this group for some time. Last weekend my venerable 93 Eagle Summit/Mitsu Expo AWD gave up for the last time. The local Mitsu dealer basically told me to get lost when I asked to test drive an automatic 06 Outlander AWD (as he did not have a std in stock at the time).

The local Subaru dealer was informed, courteous and friendly. Today I bought a very nice std trans '05 Impreza Wagon. Couldn't be happier! Esspecially when he agreed to a test blat of an STi when it gets warmer, just so long as I didn't exceed 300 kph...

Stewart DIBBS Ottawa, Canada

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Gee. Last time I heard Mitsu was kind of hurting due to a couple of mis-steps with their cars, and mostly their bigger trucks. Nice to see they have recovered to the point where they can tell potential customers to burn the road up!

And I have found the Subaru dealers in my area to be well-informed and knowledgeable about the product, even back to the '89 GL I have. Kind of like Toyota dealers *used* to be...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hi, What a coincidence! In 2007, better half's '96 Eagle AWD had it and first thing we did was visiting local Mitsu dealership. We had to stand in tne middle of show room for good half an hour before some one came along and tried to help us. Went over to Subaru dealership where my son and daughter got their WRXs. They treated us right for another sale. Old saying says when you go shopping for your new pair of shoes, you wear a pair of best shoes you have. On the contrary, when I go shopping I wear worn out jean, worn out pair of sneakers and pretend I don't know anything to test salesman's sincereness. When I buy a vehicle, I write a check on the spot. I am out in Calgary.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Well, it seems "gave up for the last time" was slightly premature, and more like a near death experience. The balance belt broke, and it jumped a few teeth on the cam belt. I adjusted the cam without the balance belt present, and it made tinkling noises like bent valves. Put a new balance belt in and it runs perfectly. Hence my 18yo son gets the van to cart his band equipment around. His response was "SuhWEEt!". Means of course I'll have to MIG the rust in the floor and the rear wheel arches, but that can wait till its warmer.

And of course we'll keep the Impreza.

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS

Hi, Ours was in good running order except some rust spots here and there. Donated to Kidney Foundation. Here in Canada they accept older running or not running cars and issues receipt for the whatever value of the vehicle which we claim as charitable donation on our income tax return. They gave 450.00 for it.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I think you'd be hard pressed to exceed 300 kph in an STi. They are fast, but not that fast.

Reply to
weelliott

Ahhh, that WAS a tongue-in-cheek comment, yuh know...

Stewart DIBBS

Reply to
Stewart DIBBS