An invoice

Please have a look at this invoice. It was about repairing a transmission pan damaged by a small tree log that was buried under mud. It is a real invoice. Could you guess which garage is able to cheat so much?

Description Cost

Trans fluid leaking out 21.60 Bottom of Vehicle Tranny pan crushed

Automatic Transmission Service 69.99 Filter kit 50.30 Dextron Fluid 4 X 1.66 Trans Pan 31.66 Extra Time to do Pan as per Mitchel 14.40 Extra Charge for filter kit 30.30

Labour Total: 85.99 Parts Total: 126.96

Gst: 14.91 Pst: 17.04

Total: 244.90

Reply to
fuente

Canadian Tire???? or Midass (same as half ass)

Reply to
pete selby

CONGRATULATIONS, dear Friend!!! Right on the target!

I just got interested in Mechanics. So far I have only paid the invoices without trying to challenge them. Yesterday, I looked at the Transmission Filter that they supposedly replaced. There is no way that they did! A friend helped me do the job. The filter kit was only 22 $ plus Tax. (Their invoice was showing 50.30

+30.30 for the filter kit!) What are the 69.99 for? What are the first 21.60 for? Just to see that the pan was crushed?...) One of the 17 bolts retaining the pan was not the same as the remaining
  1. It was not the same size. Worse it is clear that they had to cut it in order to have approximatively the same length. Very amateur work! We went to see them just 3 days after they did the work. There was a leak. They had probably put then this repalcement bolt...

Shame on them!!!

Reply to
fuente