Yes, there is a difference between American and Japanese cars

pretty accurate assessment, though the exploder rollover thing was far bigger than the media made out. in that case, the fingerprints were all over the cover-up - but your principle of being meddlesome is still the same.

Reply to
jim beam

The Japanese are very concerned with saving face - theirs, and the people they deal with. They don't like to play the American zero-sum game that we so love. Minimizing problems and enduring difficulties is also a Japanese trait. Americans would treat a nuke plant meltdown way differently I think! That's the breaks. :-)

Reply to
dsi1

Lutz was one of the first who admitted that GM had sold "dogshit labeled as ice cream. " He knew their products were and have been, crap, for many years.

Reply to
hls

yeah, everyone would high tail it out of there - every man for himself.

Reply to
jim beam

We have a Ford part in Ford packaging at my work and it says "made in Japan".. Who the hell knows what is made where anymore??

The only thing you can prove is where it is assembled.

Chas

Reply to
m6onz5a

it's absurd - japanese cars made in usa with usa components have to be classified as "imports", but "domestics" made with chinese glass, wire harnesses, electronics, seats/upholstery, brakes, clutches, bearings, drive shafts, springs, shocks and engine components don't.

Reply to
jim beam

I travel a lot, and I see more and more of them everywhere.

mg

Reply to
MG

where are you located? how many volts and aveos have you seen in comparison? i did 140 miles around the bay area yesterday - i still didn't see a single one.

Reply to
jim beam

I travel for work. In the past month I have been in Dallas, Miami, and driven to State College PA from the Cincinnati area. I saw countless Aveos. I saw a number of Cruzes, more than I have been seeing, and several with dealer plates. Couldn't give you an exact number, but it was enough to notice. I could give you an exact number on Volts, though: zero. I've never seen one in my life.

Reply to
MG

Did they market the third pedal called "clutch" to the customers? I tell ya, if it works everywhere else it must work in the united states just as well. Just press to stop unintended acceleration. Works well on all of my cars in concert with the brake pedal.

Reply to
AD