Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2009 Car and Driver 10 Best Cars - no Lexus, no surprise?
What are the key elements of automotive perfection? 2009 10 Best Cars - BMW 3-series / M3 - Cadillac CTS / CTS-V - Chevrolet Corvette - Honda Accord - Honda Fit - Infiniti G37 - Jaguar XF - Mazda MX-5...
35
35

Hint for steering hose removal?
When a hose -- such as the power steering hose at the reservoir -- is extremely difficult to get off the nipple, is there a tried and true method for getting it off without permanently damaging it?...
5
5

ABS and OBD II code reader.
I have been thinking of buying one of those code readers and wondered if it would diagnose why my ABS light is on in my truck or if that requires another type of reader?
2
2

1996 Chevy truck blower motor. Hard to replace?
Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a 96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is...

New cruise control add on called speederaser
Guys, I would appreciate any feedback on this new product. We all love our cruise-control. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use it more often, even on surface streets? Now you can with the...
4
4

s10 obd2 operation
2002 S10. MIL has gone on/off a few times. Bought a cheap code reader. With light on it had a p0137 and a pending p0137 (bank1 sensor2 oxygen sensor lean condition). Manual says MIl will go off after...
2
2

A technical question on batteries in general.
I'm shopping for a deep cycle battery to power fans, lights, etc in a small camper. I don't have a strict size limit as I'll buy the box to fit whatever battery I get. An Optima "Yellow Top" D51 will...
3
3

Update 98 Grand Marquis Performance post frame straightening
Recently posted here about my 98 Grand Marquis accident The upper control arm bracket was bent, and the spindle and stering knuckle. Had all of this repaired for $1032.00 When I first drove the car at...

Rotor manufacturers..Who to stay away from?
Shortly I will be doing a brake job on a 2003 Blazer. There seems to be a lot of expertise in this group so I am hoping that I can make the correct choice on my rotor purchase. Who makes a durable...
9
9

Acclaim instrument cluster
I have some dash bulbs out. How can I remove the instrument cluster of a 1992 Plymouth Acclaim? Also, are LED replacements available? Thanks.

VW Schwimmwagen
If you want to buy a restored 1944 VW Schwimmwagen, there it T' the article says though, it won't be cheap.You may have to go to Luxembourg to pick it up. cuhulin

Final Price to Repair Gran Marquis Frame etc
I recently posted ere about my 98 Gran Marquis accident that bent the frame. The damage caused the driver side front wheel to bend in at the top out at the bottom. The frame was bent near the upper...
5
5

Dropped valve migrating?
My boss is a dedicated dirt-track Sprint car fan. On account of him I ended up a few days ago talking to a racer who competes at a track my boss sponsors. This guy's pretty good: he's actually won a...
10
10

Door Locks Don't Move in Cold Temperatures
When the outside air temperature is in the 20's or lower, some of the door locks on my 2000 Ford Taurus don't move - so you cannot lock or unlock the car. The power door lock actuator energizes, and...
4
4

1/6th scale Chevrolet V8
Nice little working scale model engine that guy have been other people who have built similar scale model.engines before. cuhulin
4
4