Latest threads in Automotive Technologiesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

brake pad shelf life vs. humidity
For a car in storage in a tropical environment, do brake pads deteriorate over time due to humidity? If so then what about the shelf life of brake pads at the auto parts store? Or is it only when...
2
2

missing with fast idle?
I cleaned the contacts on the distributor cap and rotor and now the engine is missing and won't come down off fast idle. Maybe I was a little too enthusiatic with the sand paper and widened the gap...
5
5

Re: 95 Blazer Crank Sensor?
Also.... This is located under the distributor right? ed wrote:
10
10

How to change a drive belt for 90 astro van
Anyone know where I can find a diagram or some tips on line? Thanks. Bill
2
2

Re: tranny break-in?
Aaron: If u spent 1200 dollah on a gear box rebuild-I wanna know WTF was it ie a ZF? Yeah u still got air in yer system.
2
2

Re: 93 Taurus turn signals/emergency flashers
Check the ground wire(s),otherwise you may have a problem with the turn signal lever/wireing. WOODY
1
1

Oil pan
Would like to clean the the inside of the oil pan on my old 1968 Buick Skylark but in order to remove the pan you have to raise the engine for clearance. Is there a good way to clean this pan without...
8
8

Which Lubricant ?
I have been using LPS 3 lubricant for some time now. It has been OK, what I would like to know is, are there better lubricants then LPS 3. If so what are they ? Thanks in advance Denny B
5
5

Erratic Starting - 92 Olds 88
Recently my 1992 Olds 88 will not start after a short or long trip. I have to let it sit for an hour or two before it will start. Any ideas? Thanks, Tony
1
1

S10 P0171 sluggish
My 96 s10 2.2 automatic has been giving me fits again. It starts chugging and barely running sometimes. seems not to happen with a full tank. And i kind of hear the fuel pump louder when this happens....
4
4

geo metro engine rebuilding DIY
i have a geo metro 93 hatchback 5 speed man 1L 3cyl engine 204000km odometer with a bad oil comsumation of 1 quarts every 150 miles and i dont see much blue exhaust smoke from the tail pipe i have...
4
4

Re: Toyota 5S-FE Check Engine Light: Code 12
Correct Unfortunately, that's about all of the information that you are going to get with an import trouble code. A factory service manual will pay for itself in no time.
1
1

Re: Alternator voltage too high (+)
About right, but...may be the battery not holding the voltage output back. About right again, with engine running a few minutes About right. The extra volt is surface voltage and soon drains off. You...
1
1

symptoms of wrong tire size
Hello, Recently I bought a set of new tires for my 1999 Honda Civic DX hatchback. I picked a tire (a Yokohama) and the employee went to check if they had 4 in stock. He said, "We don't have 4 of...
48
48

Brakes Siezing on '95 Nissan Pathfinder
I'm working on the brakes of a friends '95 Nissan Pathfinder w/180k miles. The problem is that the brakes won't let go. Driver can hear them when driving and the wheel gets very hot. After noticing...