1990 300 ZX fuel injector question

Can anyone advise me on the correct method of removing old injectors from the injector rail and whether the plastic top and plastic nip on injector is critical to the operation of the injector? This is for a 1990 ZX N/A.

Thanks

Reply to
Damon Heron

Remove the metal plate over the top of the injector and pull them straight up. You might have to get pretty rough with it to get it out but there isn't anything other than a stuck O-ring holding them in once that metal plate is removed..

This can be done without removing the upper intake by grinding the aluminum over the top of one of the screw heads enough to get the screws out. The manifold is real thick there and seems they cast this lip in the manifold just to make it "impossible" to pull an injector without taking the intake off first!

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks, Steve. I know its tough without removing the upper intake but I am rebuilding so that wasn't an option.

Damon

Reply to
Damon Heron

is no reason to do this and you'll likely damage them trying to get them out.

Reply to
Steve T

This might help:

Luck!