91 Camry, re: Need advice on repairing front door wire bundle

I have an old 91 Camry LE. I have been having problems with the retraction of my seat belt and recently with the "open door" buzzer beeping so that I can't lock my door. From looking at other posts and also from having the seat belt retraction problem previously, I suspect strongly that the wire bundle from the front door to the body at the jam has broken wires. The last time I repaired some of the wires it was very difficult because it was difficult to access and the wires were very short. I'll bet there is an easier way to do this. Suggestions please.

Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo

Try unplugging all of the wires in the door and releasing the grommet where the wire loom passes through the door to give a little more slack to work on the loom. Also check the door courtesy light switch to make sure it is not stuck or broken.

Reply to
Ray O