Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1993 Toyota Paseo "loose" steering
I recently purchased a 1993 paseo and am having troubles figuring out why my steering seems so "loose" on the freeway. First it pulls to the left pretty hard. Also every time I hit a bump it get's a...
6
6

VIN: 7th digit query
I'm in the market for a RAV4, and I have been looking for a 2004 model. According to the VIN decoder on the Toyota Fleet website ( the 7th digitrepresents the restraint type. passenger airbags were...
4
4

99 tacoma transmission slipping
Hey group,does anyone know how hard it is to replace or adjust a tv cable on a tacoma?the transmission is slipping was slipping 2 years ago and the dealer replaced the tv showing the same symptoms as...
1
1

Car jerk (yank, twitch, hitch, jerk) during constant speed
Note: English is not my first language. I have one 1998 Chevy Prizm (the same as Toyota corolla), automatic transmission, only 77,000 miles. A month ago, I had someone changed the front brake pads for...
1
1

Dolly tow a 1994 4x4 pickup
Can a 1994 4x4 Toyota pickup with a 5 speed manual transmission be towed a 2 wheel dolly? The truck has a transfer case with neutral. The front hubs are not manual lockout.
1
1

Toyota 4 Runner 3.0 Diesel Turbo Warning light
Hi fella's or font of all knowledge My first post....Ha ..I've recently got a 3.0 diesel 4 runner that has had head gasket problems ....... the the head was un repairable and the cyl on no3 was marked...
1
1

Refurbished oil
Some flake who just bought another new Chevy truck - "because payments were only about $50 per month more than for his two year old truck" told me that he always took his vehicles to the dealer for...
44
44

Do Toyota Corollas Sold In UAE (Dubai) after 2005 have OBD?
I have a software program on the PDA which connects to the OBD interface of cars and displays the statistics on the PDA screens and does other profiling etc. Although I know cars sold in US after 1996...
2
2

celica blinkers driving me nuts
Hey all I have a 1989 celica st, the blinkers are possesed. When I signal for a left or right turn without the headlights on, all is good. BUT when I turn on the headlights, the left turn indicator at...
9
9

water pump change on Corolla 1.6 '90 , 4A-FE, AE92
Hi! I have an old, but nice Corolla. Lately i've been hearing a grinding noice from the motor area and have localized it to the waterpump. The pump is also leaking badly. I guess that some bearings...
8
8

Replace valve body on A541?
Four years ago I bought a '95 Lexus ES300 that shifted very smoothly but had dark brown transmission fluid. I had the transmission power-flushed on a T-Tech machine and immediately thereafter the...
16
16

Fuel mixture
How do you turn the mixture up on a 1990 Celica
21
21

Landcruiser Glow plug timer 60 series???
Wondering where the glow plug preheat timer is situated in a 60 series 1985 model landcruiser??? any help would be great thanks
8
8

Torque spec for CV joint lug nut
I have a 2000 Toyota Echo and I need the torque spec for the lug nut that holds the CV joint against the brake disc. I'll greatly appreciate it if someone knows the number and can post it here....

2001 Corolla rear brake squeak
I just had my local brake shop replace the rear brake shoes on my 2001 Corolla. they also cut the drums. now there is a squeak sound most noticeably on the rear drivers side only when I release the...
5
5

rethreading a spark plug valve
My spark plug fell out the other day. When I put it back in, it will screw in, but it is very loose. I bought a rethreading kit the other day, but seeing as it is the last valve on a V6, I think I'll...
22
22

terminate toyota lease-Sienna
HI I have a 05 Sienna and pay 525 pm as lease charge @ 4.9% to toyota finance.. the buyback price is 13.5k. I have some extra money now and am wondering if i can just buyback the sienna. Can i...
34
34

Rear Brakes/ Parking Brake
92 Tercel. I have new shoes and turned drums. No leaks, relatively low fluid. Two (or three) questions: The parking brake lever works, and spreads the shoes, but doesn't hold until about 7 clicks. I...
8
8

1995 "Corolla" : clutch grabs too soon
I noticed lately, that the clutch in my '95 Prizm grabs too soon, i.e. when the pedal is almost completely depressed. Shifting isn't as easy as a few weeks ago: sometimes the gear even gets stuck....
29
29

a/c fuse 2000 sienna
Compressor won't come back on after going off in heavy rain. Trying to find fuse under dash, it's on the diagram but no slot on panel. Where the heck is the fuse and do you think it is my problem?...
4
4