Coolant Change & Parts for '87 Celica

I am attempting to spruce up a friend's 1987 Celica GTF Coupe (automatic transmission with air conditioning). I have a Haynes manual for this car and, fron the net, Autozone's repair guides. Can anyone provide or answer the following?

-- Good online parts sites for this car, preferably including drawings.

-- The windshield wash squirter coming out of the hood (and directing windshield washing fluid onto the windshield) is blocked or otherwise broken. How does this come out? Can I buy a new one at Autozone or Pep Boys?

-- On which side of the engine is the coolant block drain plug? I have a photograph in the Haynes manual but it's hard to tell much from it.

-- Any cautions I should know about for changing the radiator coolant, beyond what is in the Haynes manual (which has very generic type steps)?

TIA

Reply to
Elle

I got the windshield washer sprayer nozzle unclogged by sticking a thin pin (a sewing pin) through both sides of the nozzle openings and then spraying (with a directing straw) the penetrating oil PB Blaster from the bottom side through the top side.

I only have the car for the afternoon. Please don't be shy about responding re the coolant change; all suggestions on this subject are welcome.

Also, I was mistaken: Autozone does not have the repair guide for this car free online.

Reply to
Elle

Autozone is pretty good, also AllData.

I didn't think the block had a drain plug, just the one on the radiator.

If the coolant in the radiator is still Toyota red coolant, stick to Toyota red coolant. If it is green, then stick to green.

Reply to
Ray O

"Elle" wrote in news:0dXxe.12534$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I find a cross-stitch needle is better, since it has a blunt tip. Less likelihood of damaging things.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks for your ideas, Ray. The friend took his car back for the week for his job, but we may have a go at it in the future.

Tegger your suggestion on the needle is duly noted. I also googled and saw similar cautions about damaging the nozzle orifices.

Sure looked like it would be fun to work on. My friend bought the car for only $250 a few weeks ago (after getting it checked by a mechanic friend to see if it had any serious problems). Needs some body lights repaired and some tender loving care via routine maintenance (fluids, plugs, etc.) but otherwise looks promising.

Reply to
Elle