Door Release Pushbuttons on '03 Sienna

The side door release pushbuttons on my '03 Sienna keep sticking in the depressed position. I can usually get them free, but the passenger side button is now frozen in the depressed position. Any ideas as how to free it and how to keep it from happening. Bob

Reply to
Robert Marsala

Trade for a 05 or 06. I have a 04 and only oil changes. Great ride, lots of pep.

Reply to
Dbu

I'm sure there is no possibility that Coke got spilled into the switches of a minivan with children riding around inside. That has never happened in the history of the universe, but it could have happened to you.

In any case, if the buttons are sticky, then you have practically nothing to lose by giving a small shot of WD40, and working the button several times to see if it frees up.

I have a BMW, and the window switches are in a place where dirt and Coke are sure to get into to make them sticky. I had to take the switches apart recently to clean them, my guess is that you need to do the same.

Reply to
J Strickland

If they are depressed rub some prozac on them.

Reply to
Charles Pisano