Door Upholstery

I have a 1996 Toyota Camry and the cloth trim on the inside of the door is delaminating. This is the insert that the door handle goes on. Any suggestions on repairing this. I was thinking of pulling the inserts out and spraying with contact adhesive! Any clues?

Reply to
horseradish

For a more solid fix, how about trying to get the part from a car breaker's yard -- or whatever they call them where you are. Your improvised repair might be okay for (say) indoors but a car often goes through fierce conditions, especially whilst unoccupied, and the glue might fail soon.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

3M makes an upholstery adhesive that is dynamite. You're thinking of the good old days when nothing stuck. This stuff works.
Reply to
Hachiroku