drain for 2004 Toyota camry

Hi I am having problems when I turn my air conditioner on in my 2004 toyota camry sedan water drips out on the front passenger side floor mat.. Has any body had that problem and do I fix it.

Thanks

Bob Gourley

Reply to
rgou346791

What's happening is that when the water condenses in the air conditioning system, the water doesn't drain out to the ground like it is supposed to.

You can take it to a mechanic, have him or her put it on the lift, and clean out the drain hose. Alternatively, you can crawl under the car and do the same thing yourself (using a coat hanger or other wire or compressed air).

This is about the forth or fifth time this has come up this year, so it is a common problem.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You may be able to pull the carpet back near the center console and work from there. Easier than crawling under the car.

Reply to
johngdole

More likely, the hose is not routed out through the floor.

Reply to
Ray O

Look under the passenger side of the dashboard at the top of the carpet. Pull the carpet towards the rear of the car and look for a short black hose a little thinner in diameter than your finger. The hose should be routed through a hole in the floor, and it is probably pulled out of the hole. Route the hose through the hole in the floor.

Reply to
Ray O

The OP said that the floor is wet ;-)

Plugged hoses from debris are actually pretty rare - I've never seen one. In every case, the hose was pulled out of the evaporator case or hole in the floor.

Reply to
Ray O