Echo brake damage?

You're about to get fwapped!! RUN!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ooh. Ouch. And you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Not that kind of paint-balling, doofus! This kind:

Can we make this one a "Fwap Line" like in 'Airplane'? That one deserves it. I'll bring the Brass Knuckles, someone needs the bat...

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

It's just about as scary...

Works for me!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Isn't that 'something' now?!?...I've never seen anything like that before...the whole damned rotor face is gone!...right down to the 'support bridges' between the rotor faces...amazing.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Gord Beaman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yeah. I'd never seen one gone quite that far either.

An even worse one: MDT Tech told me once about a Forest Service pickup that was brought in to him because the brakes were pulling to one side. Know why? The WHOLE ROTOR WAS BROKEN COMPLETELY OFF THE HUB. "Pulling to one side" was an understatement. Apparently this thing made a beeline for the ditch when you touched the brakes.

In my case, the whole left side if the van was getting coated with a rusty film, which was what drew the owner to get it looked at. Not the grinding mind you, but the *rust*. She didn't like how the rust looked. The grinding could be ignored, but not the rust.

What was a bit of a puzzle was how to get the pistons back in again when they're stuck out that far. You see, Ford very thoughtfully placed the hydraulic connection immediately in the middle of the back of the piston, so if you tried to use a C-clamp, you were pushing off-center, and the piston tilted and stuck. I had to work out a spcial technique that used a piece of wood as well as the C-clamp to wiggle the piston back in again.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

That must have made one HELL of a noise!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Both front brakes are being replaced today at about $230. This is the first major work that 5-year-old car has needed, so I think we've done well.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

"Wickeddoll®" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.evilcabal.org:

I'd say.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Especially with Craig The Car-minator driving it often...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Hey, easy on the kid. You just have to remind him that it's always a good idea to drive a half-block ahead, or more if traffic is light. Anticipate what people are going to do 10 seconds before they do it.

When the signal 1,000 feet away goes from flashing to solid 'Don't Walk', it's time to get off the gas and coast, in anticipation that it'll be red by the time you get there. Save gas, save brakes.

If someone gets into a car a block ahead, anticipate that they're gonna start it fast, throw it in gear, and jump out into traffic without either looking or signaling. Don't be where they're going to want to be, you have time to get in the left lane now. Or watch 'em like a hawk so you have time to take evasive maneuvers.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

You don't think I've told him that?! Over and over?! I told him to do the car length thing - 40 miles per hour, four car lengths, etc.

Yup

All of that has been drummed into his head - for the most part, he's a pretty good driver; he just has terrible luck

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Ya, man. I was at an interesection. I was turning left, and the guy opposite me was turning left. We started making our turns, and since he was driving a van I thought, there's probably som moron behind him that's going to blast throughj the intersection. I was already 2/3 of the way through, and I had to stop for some moron in a Honda that just blasted through, and looked at me like *I* was wrong!

Yup...drive ahead and anticipate idiots...

Reply to
Hachiroku

***DAMM***

that had to hurt, I heard that one way down here in SW Arkansas.......

:)

Reply to
markansas859

There must be a factor here of which I'm unaware...WHY is he driving it Natalie?

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Hachiroku wrote: snip

I think you -were- wrong Hachi...the Honda had the RoW didn't it?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Cause he's banned from driving the xA!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was already 2/3 of the way through before he even got to the white stop line. I was already cutting across his lane, almost all the way through it!

Now, In MASS the first person in the intersection has the right of way. But since most people don't bother finding out what the rules of the road are, I didn't expect him to know that. I *DID* expect that once he saw I was almost *OUT* of the intersection, he would have slowed down.

He had to cut quite an arc to get around me...

Reply to
Hachiroku

"...the first person in the intersection has the Right of Way..."

Keeerist!...I think I'll avoid driving in Mass then...

As I understand your statement, if someone (who does not have the right of way) arrives into an intersection just ahead of you (who does have the RoW and you smuck him then it's your fault?...

I assure you that the rules of the road differ from this considerably in Canada...

Please understand that I'm pursuing this for my edification, NOT to be a prick, so let's not let this develop into a mud slinging match.

Reply to
Gord Beaman

God!...why would anyone in their right mind do such a thing?...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Um.... cuz Bob won't let him drive the Scion if he can help it? He's gotta drive *something*, since he gave up the Corolla, and since I'm not working at the moment, I can't justify not letting him drive it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®