I know there's people from Mass here: the Clods are at it again...

See my answer to Wickeddoll, above. I NEVER drive the Mass Pike in a storm!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You're in Palmer? I used to live in Ware, by Beaver Lake...

I've played at the Lakeview a few times, too.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Nice! I have driven that stretch in my '80 Corolla, my Hachiroku, and my '78 Corolla 1200 back in the day...It was MUCH more enjoyable in the Hachiroku!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Driving is one of my favorite things. Does the price of gas bother me? No, not really. I don't drive anywhere near as much as I used to...I used to put 30-35,000 miles a year on a car. Now I bet that's down to

Reply to
Hachiroku

In this state the law says slower traffic use the right lane. The law makes no provision for those who are behind another vehicle which is not making a right turn at a red semaphore. You and/or your son will just have to aquire some patience and wait an extra minute or less.

Once again joesmallbedroom shows his arrogance toward others which happen to be in HIS way.

Reply to
dbu.,

I'm talking about when YOU are the first in line, in the right lane, coming to a red light, and you are NOT making a right. If you see in your rear view mirror that other cars have their right turn signals on and want to turn, you move to the left lane. Not only is it polite, but it is also saves petroleum.

There was a time when some states had NO "right on red" allowances. That changed very suddenly. More states adopted it. You probably don't recall when and why, even though you were theoretically alive when the laws changed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The most enjoyable roads I remember in New England are Route 2 from Greenfield to N. Adams along the river and down the hairpin curves, the road between White River Jct. and Proctor, VT, and Route 1A in Lynn, MA

Reply to
Ray O

You again show your lack of reading ability. That is exactly what I said. I will repeat, in this state, law mandates that slow traffic remain in the RIGHT lane. If the slow traffic is in front of you then you must be slow also so what is your rush to make a right turn? In this state, fast drivers who want to beat the slow driver to the next light pass him/her, but they might risk getting a speeding ticket.

Reply to
dbu.,

LOL

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

HOW, in Creation, if one is FIRST in line in the RIGHT lane, is one going to move to the LEFT lane without driving forward into the intersection? One cannot back up safely because there is a vehicle right on one's ass, wanting to turn right.

Reply to
sharx35

Can you just picture, Joe the New Yorker laying on his horn?

Reply to
dbu.,

And then the homies getting out of their car, with weapons. End of Joe. End of problem in this ng.

Reply to
sharx35

No, I can't picture that, but I can picture an OF with a beat-up pickup truck throwing it in reverse and causing one each radiator to leak, LOL.

Reply to
dbu.,

I know Rt 2. The stretch along the Cold River...

And, believe me, they call it COLD for a REASON!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You misread that. They want to remove all the *trolls* from the Mass Pike.

Reply to
dizzy

When you predict what's happening BEFORE you get to the light, in situations where there IS room to move left before coming to a stop. Happens every day.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

This has nothing to do with slower drivers being in the right lane. We're talking about 4 lane streets, not highways.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

frankly I don't know what you're talking about. Everytime you post you set additional conditions.

Reply to
dbu.,

You mentioned the law about slow drivers staying to the right. That applies to highways. You never have, and never will meet anyone who got a ticket for going too slow in the left lane of a commercial strip. I mentioned stopping at red lights, so obviously, I was not talking about highways.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Does that mean I'll be able to cross the bridges again?

Reply to
Hachiroku