OT - Alaskan Rain Forest - spec. aired for dbu ;-P

On PBS, there's a program called "Bear Island" airing right now; here, at least... prob. varies depending on local PBS station. It takes place in rain forest up in Alaska (the panhandle part - "Chichagof Island") - vs. a tropical rain forest. ;-)

I happened to catch it because I'd been watching the tribute concert for Paul Simon - winner of first Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for popular music, which was on from 9 - 11:00. (Paul S. with James Taylor, Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Stevie Wonder, Buckwheat Zydeco, Jessy Dixon Singers, Art Garfunkel....) Anyone else catch it? - I think it was on all PBS stations at the same time. Was incredibly good! Hope it shows up on DVD...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

It's a swamp or marsh, a bog with some trees on the periphery. I didn't watch it.

Reply to
dbu,.

Right. Uh-huh... *I* didn't say it's a rain forest, they did. It's a

*forest* - you know, lots of trees... With a lot of rain. Hence, (a temperate) rain forest.

Or...

Or do your own Googling if you still don't believe it.

Or look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth. It's mountainous. A bog covering a slew of mountains??

Cathy

I didn't

Reply to
Cathy F.

Cathy-- you're dealing with Dbu at his wittiest, this is high humor for him. Tedious at best, but he enjoys it.

or

Reply to
tak

Ueah... you're probably right. Sigh... Tedious.

Cathy

> or

Reply to
Cathy F.

What? You have the temerity to challenge the word of dbu, "The World's Foremost Authority"? (He bought the title from Prof. Irwin Corey.)

Reply to
mack

Moi? Challenge the second most urbane wit on the group? Not I. I subscribe (for the most part) to a policy of letting him and his close associates flap in their own breeze.

Reply to
tak