(OT:) Can't Dimmowits get past Roe V Wade?!?!

I had nothing to do with it...or them...

Reply to
Hachiroku

But you still patronize them enough to hear their stories, and you assume their sleazy lifestyle applies to all women. You and Church-Wrecked Charles ought to get engaged.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Who cares? I was replying to the *other* blithering idiot that missed the point entirely...

Reply to
Hachiroku

It's got something to do with tin-foil hats. I think...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Never heard of contraception methods failing?? They can, & do.

Cathy

But now I'm

Reply to
Cathy F.

But it wasn't physically & personally you & *your* body that was involved. You would've been greatly involved in the decision (one hopes) - esp. since I'm assuming it's a stable marriage, but still at a remove. There's no getting around that fact.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I made it very clear by saying "any given woman" - since one woman's POV & circumstances may be very different from another woman's, due to a multitude of factors.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I'd never heard of him until I saw his name in this ng a while ago.

Name sounds like a musician to me! My guess is that I was thinking of Jeff Beck & Glenn Gould, and combining their names. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

What would you do with a student who, even after being left back a grade four years in a row still insisted on randomly capitalizing Certain Words for absolutely no good reason? Special ed eval?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Glenn Beck is Hach's preacher. Beck gives Hach all the news he's able to digest each day. All 12 words of it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You said I have no clue what a woman goes through when having to make that decision. I told you I do know what they go through because my wife and I had to make that decision. Our marriage was not all that stable at the time but we realized our petty quarrels were insignificant in the light of a life having just been created. Do you think she wanted to go through pregnancy at 40? Do you think we wanted the burden of a new child when our other one was just starting to become somewhat self-sufficient? Do you think we wanted the expense of a new child? Do you think we didn't realize we could forget any retirement plans we had?

We realized we were having this child for a reason we didn't understand at the time but have come to understand now. It's really not about what we want anymore but more about what our Hogher Power has planned for us.

How many children do you have Cathy? Maybe you can tell us what agonizing decisions you have had to make and whether they were worth it.

Reply to
badgolferman

Teach him Spanish? After all that is what we all will be speaking in

15-20 years.
Reply to
badgolferman

I'd guess that's 10 more than you can take.

Reply to
Hachiroku

You mean like, JoeSpareBedroom is an Idiot?

Reply to
Hachiroku

"She should've kept her legs together."

-Popular right-wing nonsense seen here in this newsgroup and elsewhere

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That was a risk *they* decided to take. I don't expect people to pay for risks I take. Either I absorb it or I buy insurance against, and I take extreme pre-emptive measures to prevent it if the consequences are known ahead of time to be serious.

Bill Putney

Why do you keep bringing up the concept of personal responsibility? That is not a fair tactic in the world of a liberal.

Reply to
badgolferman

Here is yet another reason why making a decision based upon fear rather than faith is ignorant:

badgolferman

I know. I forget myself sometimes.

Bill Putney

This discussion is not about who pays for abortions. Read the first message in the thread and stay focused, if that's humanly possible for you to do.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom