(OT:) Can't Dimmowits get past Roe V Wade?!?!

I can't remember who was on Glenn Beck tonight, but he said we can't elect John McCain because then we'd have a Supreme Court that would overturn RvW.

WTF?!?! There are bigger issues than that, and yet, the Dimmies get stuck on it all the time.

Sort of like the beginning of the campaign. You know, when the Democrat candidates were still running against Bush, and before they started beating up each other...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I just don't understand why there are people who want to murder babies.

Reply to
badgolferman

It is a HUGE issue.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

There aren't. You've been told to think the wrong thing, as usual.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They don't WANT to murder babies? Then why do they insist upon doing it?

Reply to
badgolferman

Simmer down, boy.

There's a very fine detail about the abortion issue that you do not have the mental agility to understand. Don't ask me or anyone else to explain it. I won't explain it. It would be a complete waste of time.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Actually he should read his bible. Abortion is never mentioned, but there is a clear distinction between the punishment for murder, and the punishment for the death of an unborn baby.

In any case, with or without McCain, there is no constituency to overturn RvW. The Republicans will often pander to the neocons and religious right about it, but they have no interest in actually doing anything about it.

Fear about RvW keeps many otherwise conservative women from voting Republican, just as ignorance keeps many neocons from voting for Democrats that would be better for them economically.

Reply to
SMS

Not really. It was decided in 1973. It's not very often a Supreme Court overrules the decision of a previous Supreme Court.

This issue should be off the table entirely. It's a done deal! What the hell are you going to do? Jail all the doctors that have ever given an abortion, or all the women that have ever had one?

Nah, there's bigger fish to fry. This shouldn't even be an issue.

Reply to
Hachiroku

For various reasons.

I once said to an ULTRA Conservative that we should do away with abortions paid for by the Government, and he replied, "On the contrary...we should pay for *MORE*!"

Huh?

"An abortion costs $800-1200. Raising the little bastard to 18 costs $675,000-800,000, and then chances are the kid's going on Welfare, too. Abortion is cheap!"

Yeah, unfeeling? Perhaps. But he's right.

I have no desire to see R v W overturned, it's done, bye, MOVE ON!!!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

You're so good at knowing what others think and feel.

COUGH

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not at all. I couldn't care if someone wants to abort a pregnancy or not. It's her right what to do with her body.

If it were *MY* wife or S/O, and *MY* baby, I would be a little more proactive, but when it comes to someone else, I don't care.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Suppose you 'splain it to the rest of us...

Reply to
Hachiroku

You think that when a woman goes for an abortion, she's thinking "I want to murder a baby today." ???

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If you're asking, you're as clueless as golf boy. Notice I'm leaving you an "out" here..... You should utilize it.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Explain it!! I'd like to see how smart YOU are.

Reply to
dbu

"There's a very fine detail about the abortion issue that you do not have the mental agility to understand. Don't ask me or anyone else to explain it. I won't explain it. It would be a complete waste of time."

Explain it!! This is your second chance. Otherwise I will consider you nothing more than a gadfly, if that.

Reply to
dbu

Could most people agree that you can get an abortion if you want it, but just don't have it paid for with tax money?

Bill Putney

But don't use my money to do it.

Bill Putney

It took me a couple of years to understand the fine detail mentioned above. How long have you been alive?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

McCain is so liberal, I wouldn't be surprised if he went out of his way to get judges on the supreme court that are pro-choice.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity