OT: Gas boomeranged.

Gas went down for ONE DAY. It went down from 4.25 to 4.12 at one station. Then on Friday it went from 4.12 right back to 4.25 here and from 4.04 to

4.19 in Kankakee, which is outside our 'special gas' zone and the Crook County Sales Tax zone.

Charles the Curmudgeon

Reply to
CharlesTheCurmudgeon

Just a bit on our area prices Chevron is 4.579, Valero is 4.499 this was yesterday - I didn't notice diesel but sure its over 5 bucks - this is in Redding, Ca.... Wonder what Pelosi, Reid and Ubama (if elected) are going to do beside piss and moan?

Ron in Ca

Reply to
ron

They will blame the oil companies for the price of a barrel of oil and punish them with more taxes. Those taxes will be passed on to the consumer and then there will be more Congressional hearings as to why the price of gasoline is even higher now. Then they will punish the oil companies by imposing more taxes upon them and then the taxes will be passed on to the consumer and then....

Reply to
badgolferman

Why do we bother to pay these people? I generally watch the price of oil and when it goes up, I fill up before the gas has a chance to go up.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

They're looking out for the little guy. :)

Bill Putney

What do you think politicians should do about about oil prices? If you were a senator, what would you do?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

First blame Bush then ExxonMobil.

Reply to
badgolferman

I know what I wouldn't do. I wouldn't do things that would force the oil companies to raise prices even more.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

That wasn't the question. What WOULD you do?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

To start, I would push for the US to be able to use what resources that we already have available to us. That's something that both Bush and democrats have been against.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

I'll let you know after he answers the question. By the way, I agree that whining about oil companies is pointless (and inaccurate).

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

OK. What about dealing with the current price problem?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
Mike hunt

If the Dims in Congress had passed the Presidents energy plan seven years ago, we would have more of our own oil today and a lot more ready to come on line in a year or two.

The only thing the dims want to do is raise taxes on the oil companies, a tax YOU will pay, and turn more of our food into ethanol, for which YOU will pay even more.

What next, pass a law to set the CAFE at 70MPG? LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

Nobody complained that "energy professionals" were involved. That was not the problem.

If you disagree, show proof of your claim. One standard news source will be sufficient.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The initial issue was the secrecy. Cheney needed the courts to kick him in the ass before he revealed information about who took part in the discussions.

Afterward, some took issue with the specific attendees, and this concern was completely appropriate, especially considering that the "experts" included 7 people from Enron.

But you knew all this.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In message news:ujf3k.6242$ snipped-for-privacy@fe085.usenetserver.com, "JoeSpareBedroom" burned some brain cells writing:

Klark Kent

I heard today that Cuba drills 50 (or was it 60) miles off of Florida, but we can't?

Bill Putney

Aside from dropping a neutron bomb, killing everyone in the middle east, and taking their oil there is no solution for the current price problem today. Dims and Pugs have dug us in a hole, now we have to sleep in it.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

I believe you're wrong about there being no solution. But, I don't think explaining it would help much.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom