OT: Gas boomeranged.

I inherited a bit of XOM stock that I sold last year - FWIW, XOM and the other domestic oil companies control about 9% of the world proven reserves.

So, that means someone else controls over 90% and they ain't subject to our laws.

So, IMO the Dems can scream, have hearings, pass laws and generally squeal but they won't accomplish any more than Pelosi & Reid promised 2 years ago.

I have read in our local papers some really bright folks saying "we'll just tell them (whoever them is) $40 or 50 a barrel and if they don't like it tough." I guess they don't understand the market is out there at the current price and why would anyone want to put out more product to get paid less?

Reply to
ron

You're going to have to get more gas eventually.

Of course, my Mom drives her Camry

Reply to
hachiroku

I'd allow drilling through Polar Bear's heads...

Reply to
hachiroku

Like 'suing OPEC'?

Yeah, *THAT'S* going to do a lot of good!

Reply to
hachiroku

Of course we can. Ask JSB. Congress approved it.

Reply to
hachiroku

I saw a guy from a Nissan dealer driving a 4-door V8 Titan today. I said, "I bet these aren't selling very well." He said "That's why I'm driving it!"

Nissan, Toyoa, Mazda et al have a whole slew of cars they don't sell here, because they don't think we want them.

If I were an exec for Toyota, I'd tell them, "Federalize them, crash test them, and send them over!" They already got the goods!

I'm seeing a lot more Yaris' (Yarii?) on the road these days...

And Fits...

And Versas...

Reply to
hachiroku

But he's right. Once the Enviro-k00ks speak up, they'll be running the nation's energy policies, like they pretty much already are.

How many nukes are being built in the US right now? How many new wells are being drilled?

Reply to
hachiroku

You -are- kidding... right?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I was indoctinating - err - I mean explaining to my daughter the other day that what the U.S. is doing is equivalent to if I lost my job, and was having trouble making the house payment, buying food, etc., and I say to myself "You know - we have three cars, we really only need two - I could sell one - that would give us some cash, reduce our insurance premium, etc., and I have a savings account with $1000 in it for a rainy day - I could use some of that, oh - and those bonds I have - I could cash them in. And I can work temporarily at Burger King or the local auto parts store while I search for my next career job."

Then I have the choice of saying "Separately, each one of those things won't get me thru, BUT together, they would allow us to ride this out until I can get another job.", but instead I say "No one of those things by itself will get me thru. I think I'll be better off if I let them take the house and we go on food stamps and maybe live off of macaroni and cheese - that way I'll get to keep the third car and that savings account, and how degrading it would be to work at Burger King! Yeah - that's it - let them take the house. It's just not worth doing all those other things to save that house and keep us eating healthily."

That's what we as a country have been doing and are doing.

Bill Putney

I think you're missing his point.

Reply to
badgolferman

If you don't like our current energy policy, then you should hate Dick Cheney. He wanted to hide details from you about how that policy is made.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The moron says things like that when he has no real answer, but feels the need to say ANYTHING, because he lives alone and nobody will talk to him.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Because GW Bush's brother prohibited it, as a favor to then-Florida- governor Jeb, who didn't want any offshore drilling. Really.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

He's not, and he's not even thinking about drilling for oil.

You don't want to read all the sick items in Hachi's permanent record.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Make note that reply can from our friend Joe who consistently need to say ANYTHING, because he lives alone and nobody will talk to him. LOL

Reply to
Mike hunt

Jeb has been out of office for several years, why hasn't the new Governor rescinded his order? Why do we not drill in other parts of the Gulf?

Reply to
Mike hunt

Because he'll piss off the entire tourism industry, which contributes heavily to politicians in Florida. Everyone knows that. Almost everyone.

You wouldn't have asked if you didn't have the answer. Reveal the answer. The answer is limited to examples of legislation which prevents us from drilling. To discuss the legislation you're referring to, you must provide either the official text name of the legislation, or its senate bill number.

tick tock tick tock.....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Do a search and you will discover the Dims, at the behest of the environuts, have refused to support legislation to allow drilling our own oil. Had the Dims had supported the Presidents energy plan seven years ago we would not have many of the problem we face today

Reply to
Mike hunt

Are you saying you actually know of such legislation? You mentioned it. Why? You either have specifics, or you just heard someone on the radio make a general statement and you're repeating what you heard.

By the way, the president supported the prohibition of drilling off the coast of Florida. Don't tell me "no", or you will be embarrassed.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

IIRC, Cheney came up with an Energy Policy that Congress poo-pooed.

I think it had something to do with Halliburton...

Reply to
$)CHachiroku +O+A+m+/