OT Hachi/snowthrowers

Well, am hoping that it'll provide a lathe.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

As bad as those are, your names will be "mud" around here

Reply to
tak

You and Hachi --As bad as those are, your names will be "mud" around here

Reply to
tak

Uh-oh... I detect a crack in this riposte (it's a repeat!); it lacks the spackle the others had.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

alas, my facade crumbles

Reply to
tak

Be careful! You haven't really formed a footing around here yet...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm cracking up! You guys reinforce my belief in the folks here! I'm glad to see this isn't a stressed newsgroup.

Reply to
Hachiroku

you don't whitewash anything, do you.

Reply to
tak

If you don't get caught up in items and make sure you have a maximum in mind, you can do pretty good.

Patience is a real virtue on E-Bay...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Once you've cemented your position here, and have a concrete stance, then you can reinforce your footing and lay a foundation to build upon.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah...I wanted a pair of 6.5" German made MB Quart speakers for my Supra. By the time I got done, I could have bought a brand new pair (but not made in Germany) for about $20 more...

Last time I did that. Now, I do some research either before I bid or after my first Maximum bid, and make sure I'm getting a bargain.

Case in point: 4 drawer PVC Craftsman tool box, $19.99 and $12.00 shipping.

I can drive 25 miles and buy the thing for $29.99...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup....

btdt!!!!

There is a Canon 50mm 1.8 EOS lens that retails new for 69.95 from B & H. (the biggest bargain in the Canon lens line!).

I've seen used ones go for more...LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I bet if you wait, it will go on sale for less.

I had a similar experience. I needed a new power supply for my Dell laptop. I found them for like $60 on eBay. I bought a refurbished one from Dell for like $30. I assume all they do to refurbish them is replace the cord that goes into the computer and make sure the elecronics that converts the power from AC to DC is working. Usually all that goes bad is the wiring going to the connector gets frayed.

On the other hand, I need a replaced DVD for the computer. I got one for maybe $90 on eBay, less than the $200 Dell wanted at the time

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Thanks for "point"ing out the "Course" to follow

Reply to
tak

Mud- undercoat when plastering, covered by limecoat(from back when I "hod" to do this for spending $) I thought something about mud might be "block"ing our communication.

Reply to
tak

Glad to be of assistance! I staked out my territory here a few years ago, and after stepping on a few toes, smoothed things out and got a good footing. I am now anchored well here, I find it to be a good mix, and a lot of times I find ideas pour freely. Sometimes things can take a while to set, and there are some well-hardened individuals, but all in all, there is some flexibility and room for expansion...

Reply to
Hach

So if I hear you correctly, time "cures" everything?

Reply to
tak

I've tried my level best, but am plumb out of replies for this one.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

But this patched it right up again.