How does it go in?

Sounds like a dodgy post, eh?

AE82 SOHC 1.6 L 4AC FWD carby, 5spd manual, I can't for the life of me work out how to get the dizzy in. What's the go?

Cheers

Hammo

I hope you are talking about the distributor and not the dizzy that occasionally posts in this ng ;-)

Make sure that cylinder #1 is at top dead center compression, rotate the gear on the distributor to position #1, and wiggle it back in. You may have to twist the distributor shaft a little bit to get it to engage the camshaft teeth. If that still doesn't work, remove the valve cover so you can see what is going on.

Reply to
Ray O

Well, when a mommy distributor and a daddy distributor love each other

*very much*....
Reply to
Joe Schmuckatelli

Yeah, I was wondering how the post was going to be "received"!

Tappet cover is off, protrusion etc all lined up, wiggling everything, though not having any joy at all. Do I need to need to sacrifice a chicken?

Cheers

Hammo

Reply to
Hammo

Sacrificing chickens sounds kind of messy - try the instructions on this page instead:

Ray O