OT: Illinois Governor stupid quote of the week

After the State Legislature turned down his massive tax increase by 107-0, he says,
"Your lawmakers in Springfield sometimes forget where they come from.
Sometimes they forget who hired them."
Just because even the Dimocrats in Springfield know that if they pass BJ's tax increases, they can kiss their seats in Springfield goodbye.
Then they wonder why I call him Governor BJ?
Charles of Schaumburg

I think that's the definition of irony.

You got to admit its a pretty bad tax when every single legislator, Republican and Democrat, (and they are mostly Democrat in Springfield) voted against it.
Then they wonder why I call him Governor BJ?
Charles of Schaumburg

That is one of the most breathtakingly astonishing examples of hubris I've read this week. How come nobody has kicked this idiot in the ass yet? How come HE IS IN OFFICE TO BEGIN WITH?
It is sad how ordinary men who attain a position of power somehow come to believe that they have been elevated to godlike status.
What was it that Rush used to say? "It's not YOUR money"!
You are lucky the governor and the legislature are separate. In Canada they are one and the same. Up here the premier (governor) can push through anything he wants, anytime. And he does.
--
Tegger

lets talk about the non smoking ban.

They've banned NOT smoking? That's a first.
--
Tegger

alot of cities in il have gone smoke free, bloomington,normal,champaign,urbana,springfild, now state wide,gald i don't own a bar,bowling alley,all the small mom & pop places will for sure go under. il will lose alot in taxes w/ all the closed shops.

Amazingly illiterate reply. Are you a product of the NEA's unionized education system?
--
Tegger

no i'm a sales consulant we sell janitorial sup.,food,paper,candies oh and tobacco products.

Is this (unquoted) reply meant to induce me to to buy from you? If so, it has failed abysmally.
Janitorial supplies and candy? Do you put breath mints in the urinals or something?
--
Tegger

yes,pink cherry scented or green green apple scented.

So I can piss on cherries or apples? My dream has come true!
--
Tegger

With all the smoking bans, it amounts to almost a prohibition of smoking. Next thing you know, there will be 'smokeasies' just like we had speakeasies in Chicago in the 1920. Hey, Joe Camel sent me.
Did we learn NOTHING from the failed 18th Amendment?
Charles of Schaumburg