OT - What's up with the Big Dig?

There's some sort of news item about the Big Dig.

Right now it's being preempted here by coverage of the Blue Line Fire.

Reply to
n5hsr

The Dumb O Crats of Mass have struck again.

The projected 2 Billion Dollar Big Dig has killed a woman.

btw the Big Dig has ended up costing pretty close to 20 BILLION Dollars.

NEVER VOTE DIMOCRAT!

Scott in Florida

The Republican Governor of Mass has been trying to fire the incompetent head of the Big Dig for a long time. Looks like he may get it done....

Scott in Florida

Hmmm. All we're seeing in Chicago is that the collapse of the Big Dig is being treated as a crime scene.

OTOH, the halt of trains from Downtown to Wicker Park on the Blue Line (one of the most heavily traveled, ends at O'Hare on the North and Cicero/54th on the South.) is a major news event here. They think there were over 100 people treated so far. At least, so far, no fatalities, unlike the Big Dig.

Charles of Schaumburg. (Hoping to see the Blue Line out to Schaumburg by the year 2525.)

Reply to
n5hsr

20 billion for a damn car tunnel in Boston, and they are complaining about the war with terrorists....!!!
Reply to
The always more Benevolent dbu

The people of Mass. should fire a couple of senators too. It was their pork that got them the tunnel.

Reply to
The always more Benevolent dbu

PLUS the f*ing thing is leaking and dropping concrete on people.

This is what you get with Dims in charge....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

The ceiling is falling. A 3-ton chunk hit a lady's car -- well, we assume she was a lady -- and killed her. The Gov (Romney) is going to fire somebody, and maybe prosecute.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

In spite of Chicago's reputation, earned or otherwise, as a rough and tumble city, center of mob violence, et al, Chicago is a much kinder, gentler city than either New York or Boston.

My point is that the death of that poor woman from the collapse of part of the ceiling could well be the result of the crime of graft.

Davoud

I hope you get the Blue Line out to Schaumberg, too. Last fall, when I had business in Kankakee and at the Illinois Institute of Technology in a short space of time during rush hour, I found myself wishing that the train went to Kankakee.

I will say this, however: I drove from Kankakee to the IIT as rapidly as possible, accompanied by a Chicago native as navigator. I was driving my big Nissan Titan pickup and my navigator fretted all the way about hitting the city at the worst point of morning rush hour, and about my ability to maneuver that largish truck in bumper-to-bumper traffic. In the thick of it he assured me that "This is as bad as it gets." I had to laugh. If that was true, y'all need to stay away from Washington DC! Chicago was a picnic by comparison.

Reply to
Davoud

I think the plan is for the new STAR line to connect with the Blue Line at or near O'Hare Airport, and the Star line would go west past Schaumburg and Hoffman Estates and then head south towards Joliet.

Chicago's traffic is nothing compared to Boston and the S.F. Bay area.

Reply to
Ray O

So someone put too much sand in the cement? That's an old Chicago trick.

Kankakee to Matteson is easy. It's north of the I-80 that things get gnarly. I've driven it many times. My sister lives in Kankakee.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Still sounds like too much sand in the cement. That's an old Chicago trick . . . . So the Dims in Boston are even DUMBER than the Dims in Chicago . . . .

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

I wouldn't be surprised much if there was found to be some skulduggery involving, the mob, union bosses and corrupt state and local government officials.

Reply to
dbu.

The tunnel or Bush's Iraq war plans?

Reply to
rantonrave

You could consider it a crime scene. A crime against taxpayers and especially that poor lady who had the ceiling drop on her.

Reply to
badgolferman

Both. Well, bushes concrete is mixed with napalm before dropping.

FanJet

Um, Scott....

It was approved, applauded and RAMMED DOWN OUR THROATS by Republicans...

Matt Amarillo is an R Jane Swift is an R Paul Celuci is an R Mitt Romney is an R, but, Mitt has been trying to fire Amarillo almost since he came into office!

It's going to be interesting to 'follow the money' on this one. It was a boondoggle from the start, and I'm sure there were kickbacks along the way...

About the only one in the clear is Christie Mihos, currently running for Governor as an Indie. He WAS an 'R' until he got FIRED from the board of directors of the Mass Turnpike Authority...

...because FOUR YEARS AGO he predicted something like this was going to happen...

Reply to
Hachiroku

It's a Toyota plot to keep off the news that fact Toyota and sever of its executives are under investigate for keeping secret a huge number of defects in their cars that Toyota has known about for EIGHT years.

Seems Toyota has been repairing numerous defects in their cars when being serviced at dealership, without notifying the owners or the NHTSA of the repairs, to avoid huge recalls. Surprise surprise we knew that from what we were seeing in my former fleet service business with so called TSBs the offered free 'quality upgrades' that effected most of the Toyotas we serviced. ;) ?

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Want to tell us again, Why are you here?

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL....

I LOVE the smell of Napalm in the morning....

Reply to
Scott in Florida