OT - What's up with the Big Dig?

Gees talk about not knowing your history. Why open your mouth when you have no clue?

You need to read up on your history. Nixon pulled out the troops in 73, and called it "Peace with Honor". Kissenger even accepted the Nobel Peace Prize for this action. If you read up on Nixon and the Vietnam war you will find that Nixon's main objective for the war was to not be blamed for losing it and they were secretly negotiating with N Vietnam for a way to pull the troops out "with honor" from the very start of his first term. Nixon never believed we would win this war.

You may want to read "No Peace No Honor"

ToMh

You are mistaken. You will find that as I said, the congress cut off funding, President Ford had no option after that happened. There are many photos and videos of evacuations during the last days. It was a long time ago.

That said, as a Vietnam vet, I'm happy that period in our history is in distant memory. Just talking about it still brings back the pictures and the sounds I'd rather try to forget.

Reply to
dbu.

I wouldn't listen to him for 2 years because of that! Now, I gotta have a daily fix!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Amen! Every American should be glad we are not fighting on out streets. That is why those of us who have actually fought for our county in the past, find it so sickening that the party of FDR and JFK is today using the war for political gain, at the expense of our very survival if we do not kill off these radical Islamic terrorist. We can thank God that the Israelis, Prime Minister Blair and President Bush will take the fight into the livings rooms of those nuts, if necessary

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

No, as I said, Nixon pulled the troops out in 73. Look it up. Of course congress cut funding after that. Ford only ordered the last Americans out of Vietnam when Saigon fell, that's the evacuations that you're thinking about.

Here's a very detailed timeline of the history of the Vietnam War.

ToMh

And thanks to the Dimwhits who let Bill Clinton undo what several thousand Americans died in 50 to 53 to stop. And men like my dad fought to stop. Looks like we're going to reap the whirlwind there, too.

Charles of Schaumburg

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Mike Hunter trolled:

[top-posting deleted, unread]
Reply to
Realto Margarino

Now what the rest of the group wants to know. Are you liberal or conservative?

Considering that you're cutting Mike Hunt's posting, my guess is we've flushed another liberal out of the woodwork.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

I guess you're right, my old memory is fading about all that Vietnam stuff. It was a long time ago although it don't seem long ago.

Reply to
dbu.

And a self appointed Net Nanny.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I flushed realto into my ben-hopper filter.

Reply to
dbu.

Come on Scott, can't answer a simple question?

Reply to
ToMh