Plug location??

I?ve taken a look under the hood of my 2002 Highlander but the spark plugs were not easily located. Can anyone say just where they are? Is their location under the panel on top with the two bolts?? What tool do you need to remove them?? :?:

Reply to
Kello

Well, you might find that a back hoe will do it.

Sorry, but if you're serious with this question then I respectfully suggest that you leave this job to the professionals...

Reply to
Gord Beaman

The OP might also want to share whether the Highlander is a 4 or 6 cylinder.

Reply to
Ray O

top postting

there are several types of Highlander Rugby players from Otago are Called Highlanders

2002 BOB JANE BATHURST 1000 HIGHLIGHTS. 2002 BOB JANE BATHURST 1000 HIGHLIGHTS DVD Movie (PAL) ... HIGHLANDER / HIGHLANDER - 15TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION .

Avon Romance ... Publication Date: 29 May 2002. To end a long running feud, a proud Scottish lass convinced ... Claiming the Highlander Read an extract. Other Titles by

... Purrumbete Ledgers Dream, Purrumbete Highlander, Peruvian Heritage and now Windsong Valley ... 2nd in class - Hawkesbury Spring Show 2002 (Intermediate)

Scottish highlander Duncan MacLeod is an ... The Lost World 66 episodes + premiere (1999-2002) 60m

HIGHLANDER. OF HOBARTOWN,HUGH BOOR, MASTER, BURTHEN 196 Tons FROM THE PORT OF HOBARTOWN to SYDNEY

NONE of the above have sparking plugs

but if yours is one of these

HYUNDAI, TERRACAN HIGHLANDER HP Two models, Terracan and Highlander, feature a smooth and powerful

3.5-litre V6 petrol engine. you will notice the HYUNDAI in HIGHLANDER this is alt.autos.toyota as in toy ot a

it will have 2 rows of 3 sparking plugs if you follow the leads from the distributor they are on the other end

if you are unsure then put it down and step away from the above said Highlander, with its smooth and powerful 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine. other wise it may never work again or it may become a slugish pile of scrap metal or something you can mout in your front lawn and use as a bird bath

if its not broke leave it alone if you dont know what youre doing leave it alone if its not in the manual then they dont want you to touch it leave it alone

Reply to
Kiwi John

The OP was talking about the TOYOTA HIGHLANDER - sold under this name in America and New Zealand, I think in Australia they call it the Kluger!

Reply to
Donald Mackenzie

Toyota Highlanders sold in the U.S. come with both 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engines. The 4 cylinder has one row of 4 spark plugs and the 6 cylinder has

3 spark plugs on each side of the engine. I am not familiar with the ignition system in these engines, but they may not have a distributor and if that is the case, it won't be possible to follow the leads from the distributor to the plugs. A distributor-less ignition will have a coil for each cylinder or a coil for 2 cylinders.
Reply to
Ray O

the kluger or highlander will have a distributor so follow the leads if its a 4 cylinder it will have four leads if its a six guess how many leads it will have if it has coils that sit on top of the plugs heres a wee tip for you rather than throw away the coils when the carbon tip wears out and there's not a lot of contact left use the carbon rod out of a triple A battery shape one end so it twists into the spring that holds it in place and there's an approx saving of 168.00 per Cyl that's what it costs us to replace

Reply to
Kiwi John