Re: Prius Preening: Is my hybrid turning my kids into eco-snobs?

Blue / green - half the time I can't tell the difference at the margins. If I go to

and look at the various Prius colors, Seaside Pearl Metallic Clearcoat looks green. If I go to the Toyota website and see it on their picture of a Prius, it looks blue. I don't recall seeing a Prius locally with the color, but honestly, it is one of those non-color colors as far as I am concerned. Driftwood Pearl Clearcoat and Pistachio Effect Clearcoat are two more non-colors in my mind. They are hard to define. My mother had a car where the color was called champagne....I never knew what to call it - grayish tan, or tanish gray, or maybe mauve (whatever that is) or maybe dull gold. I had a Ford painted Pacific Green - it sure looked green to me, but my SO said it looked bluish to her. And I learned long ago to never argue about colors with a woman. There are two reasons - 1) women actually perceive colors "better" than men, 2) arguing with women is stupid for any reason. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Taupe?

The interior of my '98 Corolla was taupe (I don't remember what Toyota called it); gray steering wheel wraps didn't match, nor did tan ones.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yes, that must've been it - it was a pale silvery aqua; I wish they'd bring that color back. There was also a generation of Corollas offered in a color very near to it, sometime between 1990 & 1998.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

This is like a blue-green crayon - which is actually green, but has plenty of blue added in. OTOH, a green-blue is blue, with green added.

Cathy

Blue color

Reply to
Cathy F.

Crap. Now I *really* wish they'd reintroduce it.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

As the marketing people get more "creative" with the names of colors, they become much more vague and become less descriptive.

As far as arguing about colors with a woman... I agree 100%!!

Reply to
Ray O

Like I said to Ed, I'm not arguing with a woman about colors!! ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Smart man. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Just go to a parts store, give them the code, and paint your Corolla!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Just colors?

Reply to
witfal

Besides what you're fishing at...

Scents/odors, too. I once called NiMo/Nat'l. Grid (utilities) because I kept getting a slight whiff of gas odor at one certain spot, next to the (gas) stove/range. They sent a guy over, who couldn't smell anything. But he said he believed me - & other women - ever since a woman called, saying there was a distinct gas odor in her house. When he got there, the husband took him aside & said, "Forget it - my wife says there's a gas leak, but I don't smell anything; she's imagining it." However, lo & behold, there was a gas leak. He then decided that women tend to have a keener sense of smell than men.* Back to the gas leak in my kitchen: yes, there was a slight one: after the kitchen floor'd been refinished (I'd ripped off the linoleum which had been covering the oak), when the stove was hooked back up to the gas line, it wasn't quite tight enough & was causing it to leak tiny amounts; the NiMo guy's gas sniff&detect-o-meter (whatever it's called!) finally detected it. I was vindicated. ;-)

Cathy

*caveat - unless the woman has had an URI which killed off her sense of smell
Reply to
Cathy F.

Fishing? I've been with my wife for 35+ years. I'd say I'm QUALIFIED. ;-)

Reply to
witfal

Combustible Gas Detector - a 'Geiger Counter' for gas.

$125 "toy", but it'll save you hours of heartache the first time. Traces the tiniest leaks right to the fitting at fault a WHOLE lot faster than playing with the soap bubbles.

And it can sniff inside walls to eliminate punching big holes in drywall to slop on the soap and see the results. You only need to make a big hole if that's where the leak is.

Been there, bought that. Glad I did, so was the friend with the little gas leak. Reminds me, I need to go plug it in overnight and keep the batteries charged.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman