stereo compatability

I've got an 03 toyota echo with a basic am-fm stereo. Is a stereo from a scion (am-fm-cd) compatable with my echo?

Reply to
roake

Sure, as long as you just intent to mount it under the dash somewhere.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

For a real answer, yes, it should be plug-compatible, so you can just plug it in.

Now, whether it is MODEL specific...It may require some 'modification' to the face plate; I doubt a Scion faceplate will work.

They are ALL DIN or Double-DIN, so it will fit the alloted space in the dash.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Crutchfield.com has a good system for checking what stereos are compatible with your car, so by entering both cars into their system, you should be able to figure out whether they're the same size/fit/etc. You can also get adapter plates/plugs/etc from them, but unless you buy their stereo from them also, the adapters are pretty pricy, if I recall correctly. Andy

Reply to
andynewhouse

The Scions use an 8" wide faceplate. If yours is the same width, then it will go in. Your radio could be the older 7" wide faceplate though. The plugs in the back are the exact same.

Reply to
Viperkiller