What is your Prius millage?

No, this is just special pleadings. Worse, you have omitted the posted speeds on the turns. Truely twisty roads have the sharp curves posted with reduced speed limits.

Good, either take a book or a laptop and you should enjoy the ride. There are car driving games you can plan on the laptop on your bus trip.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

On a four lane road with an empty left hand lane, pass. As for two lanes, wait for a passing zone. It comes with the territory if you have serious traffic engineering.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

Then wait for a passing zone. If there are no passing zones, pull off and take a 'time out' and enjoy the scenery and sip some water. Heck go pee on a tree. That is a beautiful area and with the days coming longer, enjoy the scenery.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

The facts are not in evidence. You come here with a chip on your shoulder with a blanket condemnation of Prius drivers (somehow ignoring pickup trucks and vans.) Cornered, you reject straight forward advice and try to invent a special pleading . . . the mytical twisty road. So let's go back to basics, those inconvient facts, that you seem to have ignored.

I remember driving in Massacusetts, your state, where you sure have a lot of paved, former cow trails. But that is what your state chose for traffic engineering. The problem is your state still doesn't know how to build a road and your complaint about other traffic in such circumstances pretty well ignores the elelphant in the room . . . your own state's highway policies.

Real twisty roads have sharp curves that are posted with _LOWER SPEED LIMITS_. It is not uncommon to find posted speed limts on curves of 35 mph on two lane roads that otherwise have nominal 55 mph speed limits. Heck, in the Smokies there are curves posted at 10 mph and even that speed only works only in dry weather.

What we do in my state, Alabama, is put passing lanes so slower traffic can keep right and let other pass. The right answer is to vote for whoever does your roads with a platform of adding passing lanes. You'all may have to condem some private property to add the passing lanes but then you and all slower traffic, including the occasional Prius, will be quite happy.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

Hehehehe!!! haw!!! haw!!! haw!!! haw!!! If you do it twice, you'll shift into 200 mpg mode.... hehehehehe

and then just

Reply to
Retired VIP

Nowdays people like ugly, funky crap, example: Honda Element, Toyota Sion and others. .

Reply to
dbu

Not mythical...delightful! Drove it today. Drive it every day to get the parts I need for service calls. Banked perfectly, just right for a little 'spirited' driving. Usually the best kind, as long as you pay attention and use some courtesy. Some people can't handle it. What's worse is those that THINK they can, and are fearless (read: brainless) to boot.

Yeah, I like to drive a little fast, but never faster than conditions or traffic allow. I don't always do the speed limit, in both directions. But at the times when I'm driving slower, if there isna't a passing zone and someone wants to do the speed limit, I do untiul they can pass.

Courtesy.

And, on some of these twisty windy roads around here, I'd hate to be the person doing 30 in a 45 when there's an 18 wheeler doing 45 coming around the blind curve I just went through...

Reply to
hachiroku

Hey, you actually put a smile on my face.

Depends, if I'm driving the Scion, I DO pull over, since I smoke but I don't smoke in the Scion. Still smells new.

Reply to
hachiroku

I can tell you've never been to Massachusetts...

"serious traffic engineering"...they can't even program the traffic lights to maintain an even flow of traffic...

Reply to
hachiroku

Another chuckle! Score two for Bob!

Reply to
hachiroku

I have ALWAYS been partial to 'odd' looking Japanese cars...

hachiroku

Me too. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

WHAT?!?!?!

I was going to link to these, but they're German, not Japanese.

And, in 1995, I almost bought an Isetta...

Hachiroku

. . .

My appologies. I've been to Massachusetts when DEC was still in buisness and a couple of trips to Pittsfield when I was with GE.

I had the distinct impression Massachusetts just paved their former cow paths. I can remember when 10 lanes at the airport merged into 2 and how Boston was populated by dented cars and suspected the dealerships sold them, pre-dented. Then there was the horn chorus that seemed to play all day long.

One thing I noticed is how western Massachussetts is so different from the rest of the state. If they'd served grits and had Dr. Pepper in the Coke machine, it might be worth a trip in the fall with my muzzleloader. It looks to be good deer country.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson

And you call yourself a southerner.

That's Dr Pepper, not Dr. Pepper.

You've been outed. Now slink away.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

In other words it's not all that different from New York City.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

GE, eh? I worked at the Platics Help Desk (In house IT) for three years. DEC? What's DEC? (I started my computing 'career' on a PDP 11/03!)

Go halfway between the two. STOP! That's where I am. And you're mostly correct about paving over cow paths...

Man, it's EXCELLENT deer country. Believe me. I delivered newspapers up until March, and I could show you where to bag the best ones. But, deer aren't stupid. In the middle of the night they hang around the town common...

Dr Pepper we got. Grits I can do.

Reply to
hachiroku

I gotta go. remind me to tell you the moose story...

Reply to
hachiroku

Digital Equipment Corp. My first mainframe was a PDP 11/70. I loved that thing.

If you go to
you'll be redirected to HP.

Reply to
witfal

Check this page:

Hmmm...Portable Computer! What a concept!

We had one of these:

Hachiroku