What is your Prius millage?

What if your car get it's best gas mileage >2500 RPM?

There's a reason they test emissions at 45 MPH...

Reply to
hachiroku

Yeah, that's just being as AH. Not only that, but "My car's better than yours, and I can prove it!" So prove it already and get the hell away from me!!!

If you're doing 35 in a 35, there's not much to be said.

If you're doing 35 in a 55, get out of the way!!! ;)

Reply to
hachiroku

I'll chime in: Two Prius incidents today. One in my car, the other on my bike.

To make two long stories short, both were driving 5 mpg on my speedometers. One in a 15mph, single lane road, the other on a 55 mph highway while making a left turn.

Reply to
witfal

LOL!

Reply to
hachiroku

Not true. In California we have what's called the "unwritten speed law". If you're driving the limit in the fast lane, and others are driving past you on the right, you can be cited for obstruction of traffic. Granted it doesn't happen often, but it should.

Reply to
witfal

Right, we were talking about windy-twisties...

hachiroku

I do the same thing if someone's doing 50 in a 35, especially if I'm already going 50...

There's such a thing as being an AH, on BOTH sides of the issue...

Reply to
hachiroku

You could tell what they were getting for economy? And 5 MPG?!?! Hardly seems worth the $20,000 price tag! I was getting 45 MPG in a lowly Tercel...

Reply to
hachiroku

"hachiroku"...

Let me define PriusFoot. It does not mean driving slowly or accelerating slowly.

It means that once one is up to cruising speed one lifts the foot off of the gas pedal for a moment to switch the system into 100 MPG mode and then just as quickly press down lightly on the pedal to _maintain_ the cruise speed while on a level or downgrade road, deploying battery power either with or without the ICE on as well.

That one action alone used as often as possible can net about 2-7 MPG additionally, depending on a lot of stuff (conditions). It works at all speeds (even 70 MPH). It does take some getting used to and also then getting used to _not_ doing it on a regular car . Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

The conversation in that post was about a 2-lane road. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Agreed. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Charles - Please set up your newsreader to properly quote the previous posts - this jumble above sorts out nothing. Thanks! Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

That was indeed a huge trunk. My dad wanted to buy one then for just that reason. He went for the full sized truck instead... Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Programmed typing. ;-) I meant "5 mph".

Reply to
witfal

"Sounds like one of the elitist pricks driving in the bay area. "By God, I'm saving the environment and you will too, whether you like it or not.""

------------------

40 % of all prius' are sold in the state of Cali.. Apparently liberals love 'em... I feel for ya.. CP
Reply to
Charles Pisano

Ya, man, I know what you're talking about. I had a '99 Prius (oops, they didn't exist, did they?! This one did; it was one of the ones with "TOYOTA PRIUS HYBRID 60MPG!" on the side of the car like a billboard. Toyota dealers got them before they were available to the General Public in the US. We got our hands on one,and I took it home for about a week, and drove it as much as I could. I developed quite an adept Priusfoot! ;)

And I know what the other dude was talking about when he mentioned going down one hill and getting up another.

Reply to
Hachiroku

We have that too. It's meant to keep the poeys out of the left lane (or Left Lane Bandits, as Car and Driver calls them) but it's rare a cop tickets someone doing the speed limit.

I did see someone get pulled over once for doing 50 in the left lane.

I also saw a cop pull someone over for doing the speed limit, because he was doing about 90 and the dumbass didn't pull over. No lights on, no siren, he was just burning the road up.

Reply to
Hachiroku

It was a really cool car, but it swore me off European cars for good! I also had a Volvo 1800ES, and it too was in the shop every month, but, like the Supra getting 19MPG, who cared?! ;

If you click on the blue 1800ES (wagon) it will open a window. Mine was the same as the blue one...

Hachiroku

Taht's for a couple of reasons:

  1. They're trying to get the advertised MPG, or, even better, they're NOT getting the EPA rated economy and are trying to find out how (HINT: STEP ON THE GAS! That little gas motor is efficient at higher revs) and
  2. A lot of them have eaten too much Granola, evidenced by the sprakle in their eyes. (You know the one I'm talking about; usually accompanied by absent-mindedness) Saw it first hand at the Toyota dealer I worked for...
Reply to
Hachiroku

Just trying to help you pass.

Unless I'm turning left, I'm in the right hand lane. So all you have to do is turn on your left turn signal; check for traffic; pull into the left lane; accelerate to passing speed; turn on your right turn signal; and pull into the right hand lane. This is called passing and quite common in every other state.

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob & Holly Wilson