what to do with crushed toyota corolla 2005?

here is the link with photos:

crushed in tree, speed cca 100kph. Any ides what do do with it, should I repair it, sell it, junk it ?? Driver + side driver -- no ingury. luckly ;) Engine is not damaged. What is the price for new right door and the rest damaged steel on it ? What is the value of car in that condition ?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
toni

Thatd need a new right hand side entirely, new sills, new floorpan, windows... The labour costs alone of stripping the body, prepping it for welding and respraying would come to more than the cost of a new car. Not economically viable in my opinion, break it for parts and ave the body shell crushed for scrap.

Coyoteboy

What does your insurance company say about it?

Reply to
Tom in Macon

I'm sure your insurance adjuster will tell you if it can be repaired for under its current value, or not.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The value would be exactly what the insurance company is willing to settle with you for. It's likely more to fix it (properly) than it's worth. The insurance company will total it, and pay you off...and then it's theirs to do with as they like, which will be to scrap it.

Reply to
mack

Its actually if its over 2/3 its current value, as the current value assumes the car is in perfect nick - after a CAT C writeoff it will lose resale value drastically, hence they normally just say CATB, have it stripped of usable parts and crush the rest.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Your car license indicates you are in Croatia.

What kind of insurance do you have (if any).

Sorry to see such a wreck in a new car and I'm glad everyone survived!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That's right. U have heard for us ? :)

All big insurances companies from eu. + some locals

Me to. Was thinking about thread name "toyota saved my head".

Anyway, dindn't paid for casko policy.stupid. :( my fault. speeding. restrictin on that place is 70/80km/h, my speed ... hmm...what will police estimator say.

How is the weather down there ? :)

Reply to
toni

Well to be honest I had to look up your country code on the web, but I have defiantly heard of Croatia.

I used to deal with a man who's family came from Yugoslavia. I don't remember the part.

The weather is warm this time of the year. As long as there is a breeze blowing it is comfortable.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Check out this link.

a million dollar Ferrari and a power pole into toothpicks at 160 MPH orso and walked away with just a cut lip from the air bag!

Reply to
Danny G.