Latest threads in General Toyota Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Toyota Prius on snow
Whoever wrote this does not understand how the Prius works. It uses the electric motor to get moving from a dead stop - not the gas engine. I have heard the Honda Civic hybrid uses both gas and...
3
3

Best place for parts
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:20:03 -0500, "reqluq"
5
5

2005 Avalon Purchase
Does that mean you don't believe one should buy a Camry, Tacoma or Tundra which are assembled in the US as well? I have news for you, build quality of any product is a function of management not the...
17
17

97 Avalon Suspension Noise
On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 14:26:57 -0600, "Ray O" <> wrote: I guess with 69K on the car it would make sense to just go ahead and replace the struts which should come with new bushings. Thanks for the...
7
7

We're getting a new addition to our family in June...
That's cuz half the people in Florida are old enough to have vastly diminished hearing, eyesight, and reflexes, while the other half are tourists gawking!
8
8

should I or insurance pay for the rear-end damages i caused?
I don't care what you do, but either way get a written release of liability signed by the other party. There has been more then one "fender bender" that has result in permanent injury, even at 5 MPH!...
2
2

Toyota Coolant
If you want to go with an aftermarket coolant, stick to something that is name-brand and silicate-free and dilute it with distilled water and you should not have any problems.
14
14

@ Question About the air conditioning
You could have dirty contacts. Much easier to guess dirty contacts, rather than a burnt out resister. Check there, you might need the switch replaced. hth, tom @
7
7

2001 Avalon XLS
Nonsense. No one has ever come forward with evidence to that effect. Wrong again, troll. Maybe if you weren't a nym-shifting troll, what you say might have some weight, "Mike". As it is, anything you...
4
4

1987 Corolla Sr5-Carburetor and other problems..
Before you waste more time, invest in a vacuum gauge. You can put an end to the guessing.
6
6

4Runner cup holder
I keep two hands on the wheel and my eyes on the road. I don't drink ANYTHING or talk on a cell phone and drive. I am not a good enough driver to drink or talk on a cell phone and drive safely. . . I...
5
5

CR auto reliability
From what we see in our business, of servicing thousands of vehicles annually of most every brand sold in the US, is that ALL manufactures are building good quality vehicle today. The ONLY difference,...
29
29

Ques: battery..altenator
Thanks for the info on testing the altenator. I installed the new battery and got 12.38 V on the battery with the engine off, and 14 V with it idling. So I guess I am good to go. Furtunately a had...
1
1

Echo engine check lite on after fuel injector cleaned .
The suggestion to remove the postive terminal for a few minutes did the trick on my daughters 2002 echo. Thank you all for the suggestions. David
2
2

05 Echo - CD Player Setup
I have a 2005 Echo with the factory CD player installed - it has 31806 printed on the front. It works great except for the fact that it automatically loops and replays the CD at the end. Is there any...
4
4