Camry transmission

I own 2003 camry 4 cyl, automatic. Problem: I brought car into dealer for an inspection. After leaving dealer I noticed while driving on the parkway an abnormal deceleration. I mean when I take my foot off the pedal, the car slows down, I think a little too quickly. Before I had the inspection the car would drop in speed very gradually. I do feel a difference though in the drop in speed. Has anyone ever experienced this. Could the battery cable been taken off for any reason and messing up the computer. or is transmission in a learn mode now?

Reply to
mitchie

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently turn off the overdrive (button on shift knob)? If the car is not in overdrive at faster speeds, the lower gear it is in will have more engine retardation and the car will slow faster when you remove your foot from the accelerator.

Merritt

Reply to
Merritt Mullen

Excellent point. Whether to leave an automatic in over-drive around town or city driving is a contentous point. Personally I only select OD once out onto a freeway. Overdrive is not suited to short runs from lights to lights and around corners every couple of minutes IMO.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James