Latest threads in Toyota Camryshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

'95 Camry Four Won't Idle
The car starts right up and it isn't misfiring, but it dies instantly at idle. It's due for a tuneup, but this happened suddenly. What do you think...IAC? One of the sensors? It has 180k miles on it....
4
4

check engine light
My check engine light came on. I disconnected the battery and the light went off. It even passed the state emissions test. As soon as I re-start the car, the light comes back on and stays on till I...
5
5

2009 Camry factory alarm chirping - beeping
I have found some threads with instructions to eliminate the beeping sound upon locking and unlocking the doors but none of them seem to work with my vehicle. Is there a new procedure for the current...
1
1

Is E85 gas safe?
I see this cheaper gas on some stations: E85 for $3/g when unleaded reg is $4/g. However, some say it is bad for car engines (I have 98 Camry). If so, what is it aimed at? :)
38
38

Re: More on Top Tier gasoline
Two tanks of the non-brand gas and you already have problems ? I think it's all in your head. hy-vee is not a gasoline manufacturer. They buy their gas from one of the big names. There is nothing...
6
6

Re: More on Top Tier gasoline
That is right. Drivers tend to respond differently to how the car behaves. Some drivers respond to less power by stepping down on the gas pedal. Other drivers do just the opposite - when they sense a...

Windshield washer fluid leak (98 Camry LE V6)
My cousin was in a small accident which appears to have cracked the windshield washer fluid tank: the fluid simply leaks down below. I don't even know if the tank is plastic (= must be replaced?) or...
3
3

Re: More on Top Tier gasoline
The problem with that is it is a textbook explanation that is outdated and completely ignores reality. In order to maximize fuel efficiency and performance many modern engines are programmed to run...
2
2

Labor time for Waterpump R&R
What is the labor time to R&R a waterpump on a 1987 Toyota Camry Sedan. It would be the water pump with the housing. Also the timing belt will be replace too. I believe the the belt needs to be...
6
6

Genaral info 95 Camry
Hi, I have just booked my 1995 4 cyl AUTO CAMRY which I had from new , 95K miles now into a local garage that I trust and use for some jobs that are quite more difficult for me to do. I do all the...
21
21

Brakelight (dashboard) comes on?
1998 Camry LE with about 110K. The dashboard brake light is coming on very intermittently. Stays on for 30/40 seconds and then goes out. Plenty of brake fluid. Handbrake is off. Had a complete brake...
5
5

List of lights for '95 Camry LE
The "burned out bulb" indicator is on but I can't find the bad bulb. Looking at a wiring diagram shows several that I didn't think about-- the cigarette lighter is an example. The diagram says there...
6
6

Re: Mistery bolt in the passenger side half shaft assembly - 1995 LE sedan, 4-cyl
According to the free repair guide on Autozone, that should be the bearing lock bolt on the bottom side that holds the bearing in the holder. After you remove it, the snap ring holds the halfshaft at...

Re: Engines that are prone to sludge
Remember the golden rule of collectors. We drive our vehicles for at least thirty miles every thirty. We also change the oil every six months despite low mileage, to remove the products of combustion...

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
The other problems with most of these surveys is that they express "problems per hundred". That makes trivial differences seem like significant differences. How does 150 problems versus 200 problems...
1
1