Latest threads in Toyota Camryshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Dirty torquer
Yesterday, I rotated and torqued the tires for the first time ever. ...And checked the brakes. Having the Camry up on 4 jack stands was neat to see. I did it all in a municipal public parking garage...
12
12

Pricing
I just ran a Camry LE thru Edmund's web site pricing, selecting a few basic options, and their TMV (What Others Are Paying) price is within a few dollars equal to the MSRP. Is this reasonable/correct...
2
2

Spark plugs
1999 Camry CE 4. I have never changed the plugs on this car. I have changed the plugs on many older cars. What must I be aware of when changing these plugs?
6
6

Gas Mileage Question for Camry Owners
City gas mileage for the new 4-cylinder Camry is listed as 21 mpg. However, in fine print the sticker says that actual mileage can be anywhere between something like 17 - 23 (I forget the exact...
10
10

Does "all wheel" alignment include "front end" alignment?
A local dealership is offering "all wheel alignment" for $68. Does this include what is more traditionally called "front end alignment" and often costs similar amount? Thanks.
8
8

Is CR "New Car Price Report" worth $14?
Thinking of buying a new Camry, '08 or '09. Has anyone here used Consumer Reports New Car Price Report? They advise you on options and prices but the report costs $14 for each model and each price...
17
17

91 Camry ball joint stuck
I'm still trying to get to my CV boots. I've made it to the ball joint which is plain stuck to the control arm. I've tried a 2 arm gear puller to remove it but it won't budge. Is there a trick to...
4
4

1994 CamryTemp Gauge Not Working
I have a 1994 Camry with a non working temp gauge. I replaced the sending unit on the water outlet and the gauge still doesn't work. I tested the gauge the way my Chiltons manual says, by unplugging...

Bumper damage
Somebody is messing with the car's in my apartment building's covered lot. I talked to a sweet old lady who drives a Subaru Outback wagon, and she said somebody had keyed her car twice and scraped her...
10
10

2008 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study: Porsche, Honda, Chevrolet among big winners
Porsche, Honda, Chevrolet Among Big Winners in 2008 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study - Car News GM and Ford do well, but Chrysler winds up near the bottom. BY JOSEPH SZCZESNY June 2008 For the third...
55
55

Timing Belt Replacement
I own a 1999 Camry XL (4 cyl) which has 68,000 miles. My mechanic thinks it's time for a new timing belt. But that might be like asking the barber whether you need a haircut. I recall the old rule...
208
208

EGR/VSV Repair Cost - 99 Camry 4 cyl 81K mls?
I also have a intermittant check engine light w/ EGR code (P401). I see there are many very helpful postings regarding the EGR/VSV, however I don't have any mechanical skills so my question is what is...
3
3

2005 camry program remote keyless unit
Does any one know how or were to find the info on how to program the 4 button Camry 2005 key entery unit.
1
1

Be glad you have a Camry and not an Accord---Headlight Bulb Replacement
Last weekend I was visiting my sister in Atlanta and noticed that one of her low beams was out on her 2004 Accord. I naively offered to change the bulb for her, suggesting she change both of them at...
6
6

Re: 0W-30?
If you're in the temperature range of say, 10W-30, which is typically above 0 def F, then both oils should have approximately the same viscosity (in real life Castrol 10W-30 and Mobil 10W-30...
4
4