'95 4Runner SR5

Truck in great shape, just now reaching 100K but recent 'check engine' warning with diagnosis of oxygen sensor issue. Is it worth it to keep and investigate/repair or should I get rid of it? Any expertise or replies encouraged. Thanks.

Reply to
NatureBoy

change the O2 sensor. I have heard that the 4runner only worls well with a denso sensoe which costs a few hundred. Not sure if its true though

Matt

Seems like a fix and keep driving issue to me. Even at a few hundred, these trucks will go many more trouble free miles. My 95 SR5 has 185k with no problems at all, not even a clutch. If you feel its time to sell, please let me know!

Reply to
David N Emmet

Yes. Replace and keep on driving it. I've got a '97 with 211k and it's still running very good. Front brakes were done once at around 110k due to the rotors warping. The pads had plenty of life left in them. The only regular 'repair' has been the timing belts at every 60k.

Reply to
Gordon