Which clutch kit to buy?

I'm replacing my clutch on a 1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 5Spd with 4.10 gears and 35" tires.

I don't want to spend too much money and overkill on a new clutch but I want to buy quality.

Any recommendations?

Reply to
MIA

Daniel Gomez

Reply to
Daniel Gomez

Reply to
Daniel Gomez

Reply to
Daniel Gomez

TRD 8" upgrade kit. Comes with new flywheel, disc, pressure plate, TO bearing and alignment tool. About $499. I was able to get one for about $300 at the dealer, by accident. I was there getting any oil change for my wife's car. To kill some time I decided to go to the parts dept. to price a replacement clutch since the one in my 4Runner was going bad. They just happen to have one in stock for a long time and wanted to move it. You might not be so lucky, but you can always ask. I considered the Centeforce Stage 2, but for about the same price the TRD was a better deal.

Good Luck!

JW

Reply to
Joseph Wind

I've been researching clutches and many people believe that the OE clutch is made by Aisin Seiki Co. (ASCO). I am sure you can find this brand somewhere other than the dealer for a lot less than dealer prices. I don't know where yet though.

I don't have personal experience with this info, but it sounds reasonable. Brian.

Reply to
Brian

With those big tires go with Centerforce --- try

$200-300 for disk and pressure plate.

Reply to
Wolfgang