Progress for my 1303

Hello NG! Happy New Year. The rustoration of my 1303 is still going strong. Got technical inspection today :-) Take a look at

from Denmark....Michael

Reply to
MIC

lookin' good

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Thanks...

href="

">Den's> 1977 Puma Nice car. Did you built the kitkar by yourselv? Must have taken alot of time for all the details... bye MIC

Reply to
MIC

The Puma was built in Brazil. About 20,000 were manufactured over the years using VW parts although they also used Chevrolet and Audi engines and built trucks also. They were first introduced in the 1964 paris Auto show. A couple of hundred were brought into this country semi-disassembled and sold as kit cars. Mine is a 1977. The VW wolfsburg museum in Germany has a gold one on display. The Puma factory was one of the few companies in the world that VW ever provided chassis and power trains to and warranted them to their final customers. When the company was sold for the second time and dissolved in the early

90's, Ford purchased the name and produced a front wheel , metal bodied, sporty car with the Puma name tag for a couple of years. I could write pages but I guess you get the idea. It is the sports car VW never built but liked a lot.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Oh, I never realised there was a connection between the VW Puma and the Ford Puma! Ford also own the Ghia name.

Reply to
Howard Rose

Yes, the Ford connection goes back to the 60's when Ford brought legal action against the name" Puma" being used as they claimed it was theirs because "Puma" and "Cougar" are translated as the same word in Portuguese which is the language of Brazil. Ford lost, however, they did get their revenge 30 years later. Dennis

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik