66 fixed

well at least i put the new bumper on... it looks great! I cant believe the shine on the new bumper.... definately worth the money! yeah they run $400 but its better than the el cheapo stuff!

**************************************************************** dragenwagen 1966 Type I - Daily Driver 1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Thier Territory."****************************************************************
Reply to
dragenwagen

Looks good! I really didn't know that bumper prices could go that high!! Didn't somebody else pay for it though? You got rear-ended right?

Mac

Reply to
Mac

oh yeah that they do. the ones from wolfsburg west are supposed to be a superior quality specially made for them. ( read about it on John Henrys thebugshop.org)as a matter of fact I bought the el cheapo for the 69 and they looked good at first, but they look horrible now, all rusty. with the el cheapo ones you have to wax them or they will rust! i think i will keep the ones i got for the '66 waxed just in case. the one destroyed was an original ... 38 years old and it had no rust on it, and it is a daily driver and yes unfortunatley it sits outside now.

and yes i did replace the whole bumper over riders and towel racks, and the whole assembly with bumber brackets and over rider supports was $480 that was with shipping costs paid for by the guys insurance company.