Restore shine to your paint

So, who else has been lazy and not waxed their car....well, maybe its just me. but I have been getting the shine back on my '66...

****************************************************************dragenwagen

1966 Type I - Daily Driver 1969 Type I - Undergoing heater channel replacement
"Old VW's Don't Leak Oil, They Mark Their Territory."****************************************************************
Reply to
dragenwagen

ilambert

Lets hope you never have to paint a car that you've oiled down... ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver

Same with using silicone based polishes --- really a pain to remove and paint over. It causes nasty "fish eyes" in the paint. Mot sure that Bar keeper's Friend or Bon Ami are safe for car paint. I would have gone with rubbing compound or polishing compound - probably starting with the polishing and then if that was not abrasive enought trying the rubbing compound on the flat areas.

Reply to
Wolfgang

If the polishes are not enough, you should try the "Micro-polishing Compound". It's what I use to buff out my paint jobs after sanding them with 1,000 or 1,200 grit paper. ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver