'69 Ghia

I just picked up a 1969 Karmann Ghia for my father and I to restore. I'm in Charlotte, NC and he's in Orlando, FL. This weekend I'm taking the engine out for my part of the project and I'm leaving him with the rest of the car. Good deal huh? :-) Then over Easter I'm taking it to him.

Anyways, I'm in search of some quality online resources for general how-to types of questions we're going to have throughout this restoration process.

The ones I've found thus far are OK - but I rather hear what the experts here have to say.

In case anyone is interested - here are some pictures of the Ghia:

Thanks in advance! Greg S. Whitcomb

Reply to
Greg Whitcomb

go to thesamba.com they help you alot with stuff

Reply to
bearfaber

Post questions here. Also try shoptalkforums.com. After a while you'll know what guys know enough to help. I recommend BFY and KGPR as far as vendors go. They too will help with questions.

Check out my Ghia site below. Feel free to email with questions and I'll try to help.

Reply to
Mel P.

Well, Greg, Congradulations. we have two '69's ghias, it is the best yr. almost a one year car. Hint; keep a look out for wrecks/fixers for at least parts. and stop to help other VW (AC) if they are broken down.

g adds. MONEY , what a concept

Reply to
BananaRepublican