A part with no name

I've been slowly redoing my 70 bug repainting it and replacing so old rubber parts as I go. One part I know fell off some years ago but I don't know what to call it or even what it did really. I guess it's an overflow tube but there is a metal tube that comes off the oil filler doodad. One tube connects to a flexible hose that goes to the air filter, the other tube goes down through the sheet metal. At the end of it was some kind of rubber valve or nipple. I guess it is there to prevent dirt from climbing up the tube. What is that rubber thing called? :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

It's a rubber "valve" that's normally closed but allows condensate to drip out.

311 115 541 should get you one...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks. It doesn't have some nice name? Olrohrgummiventil or the like? Oh well. ;)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

LMAO !! I think you get the prize. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

:)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Road draft tube:

... and the grommet, if you need that too:
hth

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Correction:

Scott H

A rubber grommet with a slit in the bottom acts somewhat like a one-way valve to discharge moisture and assorted undesirables. We now call them "evacuators" but it's unlikely the Germans called them that.

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe