all i hear is crickets!

"Joey Tribiani" schreef in bericht news:0RZ8h.5$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe23.lga...

Trying to determen the hesitation and stalling of my '73. Will have a look this saterday, very bad wheather at the moment. Saterday I'm able to drive it into a big garage, hoping to find something... (silently hoping that a loose manifold is the culprit)

Other than that: VERY busy at work :(

Reply to
bug '59

^^ Isn't this redundant? ^^ ;-)

While Pepsi is better than Coke, Sundrop blows them both away. :-)

Reply to
Scott H

.....Ewe goobers gotta have dat sugar I know but didjaknow it'll rott yore teeth donchaknow?

.......uh oh....two late!

timmy :-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

hehe...maybe a project is in your future...maybe let your friend sell the vehicle for you? i know you have alot of work in it(blood, sweat, and tears), but...well...you know....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

yeah...i'm not far enough south for everything to be a coke... a "soda" or a "pop" yes, but not coke...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

nope....that is where it was first sold( I assume, i know it was in Texas)....the originator(name escapes me) lived here in Virginia and making "fountain" drinks was a "hobby" of his.... after moving out of Virginia is when it was sold, then marketed....we had a big article on the history in the paper years ago.... if i'm not mistaken(and could be) the originator lived in Lynchburg Va.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

hehe...yeah, a bit...

not a sundrop fellow myself....love welch's grape though....and lots of colas that were around when i was a kid(about five years ago..)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I must admit, I don't drink the "real" Sundrop anymore. All I drink now is diet, caffeine-free Sundrop. Haven't had a real one in almost a year and a half. I dropped 48 lbs. last year and two or three Sundrops would put that back on me. :-)

Reply to
Scott H

diet drinks...BLAH.....i did just comment to the wife i needed to drop a few pounds....but for ME, unlike most, to lose weight i have to eat....and i hate to eat....need to drop 15pounds....these 15 pounds will be the ones i gained since i dropped my eating regimine last april..... it sucks watching the clock and knowing i *have* to eat AGAIN.....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I think your newspaper was pulling stuff out of the air for that. I went to Univ in Waco and visited the Dr. Pepper museum there. They clearly state it was created there in Waco. You can even see the wiki article says the same thing:

Oh well, I didn't think you were from around here. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Ah, I see. It was created and first sold in Waco, but the owner of the store where it was sold had come from VA and named the drink after someone there. So the name is from VA, the rest is from Waco.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I used to feel the same way. I absolutely couldn't stand the taste of diet drinks. But when I decided to lose the weight, I forced myself to drink nothing but diet drinks over a weekend. By the third day I didn't notice the aftertaste at all. Now all the diet drinks taste "real" to me. I also drink a lot more water than I used to.

Reply to
Scott H

i read the article in your link...very similar to what i had read before, except didn't mention his "hobby" of mixing up stuff to drink....that was included in the old newpaper article....not sure if that old of an article is even available from our local newspaper.....i didn't mention the origin of the name because i couldn't recall details but seems i did remember correctly....always about a damn woman...LOL...but anyway, the locals claim to have proof he mixed the crap here for fun and for his own consumption....

we did get a mention in that article...: "The company sells more Dr Pepper in the Roanoke Valley area of Virginia than any other metropolitan area east of the Mississippi River. In the past, the city has been named the "Dr Pepper Capital of the World" and broke world records for its mass consumption of Dr Pepper in the late 1950s. [2]"

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

we like our Dr. Pepper here.... here is a sign that is atop one of our buildings in downtown roanoke....i remember it as a kid....it was refurbished last year.....along with several other historical signs in downtown...

Joey Tribiani

yeah i know....its all in what you are used to..... i drink alot of water, particuarly in the summer, because i work out in the heat...... Water is great, especially if you drink too many sodas... all those calories....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

What does 'your' Dr Pepper taste like over there ? Our's (UK) has been got at - Im sure . A few years ago there was a very big advertising campain - almost like a relaunch. I am sure they made it sweet and fruity so the kids would like it more ? I dont drink much 'pop' and only vagely remember that it didn't taste like that when I was a kid !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

pop os a mid west thing i think...

Reply to
dragenwagen

i'm not a Dr. Pepper drinker anymore....not for years now...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

..........I'll be there if there is one. The RAMVA wedding of Jan and Kidd a few years ago might have been the most fun I've ever had with a keyboard. I went through more than half a bottle of Captain Morgan that night.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

^^^I'm surprised that this punk ass isn't in jail...how the hell is justice served when thieving douche bags like Gavazzi are allowed to roam free?

Reply to
ryan68bug