Bought a Bus or here we go again

I didn't think I would ever go it, but I ended up with another Bus, a splittie Bus at that. I was thinking about trading up to a early Porsche 912, but my wife and son really dig Busses and neither was too happy when I sold my '68 Westy last year, so that and a latent desire for a split window led me to trade my '66 Bug 'vert for a '65 standard with walk through front seats and, get this, a rare factory installed sunroof, like the ones in 21 and 23 window deluxes. The Bus is of course missing the rear seats and has no interior, but is very solid with no real rust issues. Couldn't pass up that big sunroof, so once I finish with my '73 Ghia 'vert project I will have something else to obsess with.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Dan, judging by how pretty your other cars are, I'm sure this bus will be a beauty when you are done. Have fun!

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Mike,

I just noticed the KG6RGR in your tag line.

  1. Charles of Kankakee N5HSR/9

Reply to
Charles Fregeau

Dan, did you by any chance buy/trade it to a guy named Barry? About 175 pounds and 6'5" or-6'-6" inches tall?

Reply to
Kaferdave